Author Topic: CZ 75 Compact "Made in Czechoslovakia"  (Read 667 times)

Offline crows

CZ 75 Compact "Made in Czechoslovakia"
« on: July 16, 2019, 05:28:36 AM »
My CZ75 Compact was purchased in 1993, if I recall. I know it was around that time that Czechoslovakia split, just curious about what number of Compacts were manufactured prior to the split. I had read about the Compact coming out and it was the first one dealers in my area could get for me. I am not looking to hear if I have a collectors item, just curious. Also, it ran fine for about 1000rds, then malfunctions started, extraction issues. I sent it back to the importer, and they put a new recoil spring in it, but the problem continued. It moved to the back of the gun safe and hasn't seen much use since. I just always liked it and never got rid of it. 

Offline Earl Keese

Re: CZ 75 Compact "Made in Czechoslovakia"
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 06:24:03 AM »
My CZ75 Compact was purchased in 1993, if I recall. I know it was around that time that Czechoslovakia split, just curious about what number of Compacts were manufactured prior to the split. I had read about the Compact coming out and it was the first one dealers in my area could get for me. I am not looking to hear if I have a collectors item, just curious. Also, it ran fine for about 1000rds, then malfunctions started, extraction issues. I sent it back to the importer, and they put a new recoil spring in it, but the problem continued. It moved to the back of the gun safe and hasn't seen much use since. I just always liked it and never got rid of it.
I have no idea how many were made, hopefully someone else will chime in. It would be collectible to some of us here.
 Regarding the extraction issue, it could be as simple as a gunked up extractor. Have you checked the extractor to see if it moves freely and has enough tension?
to hold a cartridge against the breech face?

Offline crows

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 10:00:16 AM »
At the time I pulled the extractor and had some gunk under it, I thought that would help, but it didn't. When I get the urge to shoot/cure the problem, I think about swooping the extractor spring with the one in my full size CZ75, but that is as far as it goes. I have also looked into spring kits, but again, that is far as I got. Procrastination is terrible that way. I tried to contact the current CZ importer a couple of time by email, but never received a response. Maybe I will look at the spring kits again. 

Offline Texas377

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 06:46:41 PM »
I don't know who imported your 1993 CZ Compact.  However, any importer has probably moved on in the last 25+ years and will be of little help.  I would recommend you contact Cajun Gun Works in West Monroe, LA.  They seem to be the CZ experts and come highly praised on this forum. It would be worth a try.
CZ Compact PCR
Sig Sauer P320
Walther CCP
Others, etc.

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 05:05:25 AM »
The Compact was introduced into the market in 1992. It used a SN sequence number starting with Axxxx. You can gauge the production amount with the SN. Off the top of my head, I think your 1993 might be a Bxxxx? Does it have the early dual recoil spring system? It’s easily replaced with a current type spring if that’s a concern. Of course, CGW is a good recommendation for resolving any continuing issues. Please post photos as we like to see the older Compacts. This one’s a 1992 imported by Action Arms with the dual recoil springs and older wooden grips.

Offline crows

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 06:16:32 AM »
Mine is also the A series, and of course from AAL. Also with the wood grips. I'll give the new springs a try. Thanks.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 07:08:24 AM »
I keep a spare extractor and spring in my parts box just in case.

Offline MrBleeks

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2019, 03:36:15 AM »

My “made in Czechoslovakia” compact Axxxx serial number. Bought for a song with some wear from carry but hardly used.   I live in South Africa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk