Author Topic: gun show at Fredricksburg, VA this weekend  (Read 748 times)

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
gun show at Fredricksburg, VA this weekend
« on: May 04, 2019, 08:45:56 PM »
Drove up there this morning.  Way smaller than usual for some reason.

But, CZ Bonanza!!  Nope, didn't buy any, but saw a ton of them.

Mostly P10's of one size or color or the other.  Didn't really pay much attention to them but there were a trunk load of PCR's.  Never saw more than one here and there but one table had 5 of them.  Several tables had 2 or 3 and some just 1 (at least that's all that were on the table.

Well, they were all marked CZ75D but isn't the same thing as a PCR?

Saw some CZ75B's in 9MM.  CZ75B Omega's in 9MM.  A couple CZ75B Urban Gray pistols.  SP01 in Urban Gray.  CZ75 Shadow Target (should have looked at that one closer but that thing of wanting something I don't need was looking over my shoulder so I quickly walked away.)  A couple CZ TSOs.  A couple CZ75 Compacts.  An occasional P09.  One P07 (I still have this unreasonable itch for a 9MM P07).  I also saw one CZ75 SA in 9MM (glad it was a 9MM after me just buying the CZ75B in .40 S&W.)

In the end, we bought nothing.  Had a good drive up (almost got hit by DA's changing lanes before they cleared my front end on the way up there, no issues on the way back).

Stopped at the local (about 20 miles from the house) big gun store and they had a load of CZ pistols, too.  They seldom have more than a couple and they had over 10 (stopped counting) P09s, P07s, CZ75 Omegas, etc., etc.  They are priced well above what the gun show dealers (most of them anyway) ask for their CZ's.

Bought a holster there for the wife's new M&P Shield that she thought she'd like till we got home and tried it and then she "wasn't sure".  She's going to have to bite the bullet and:
1.  start wearing a holstered pistol till she's comfortable wearing it - then keep on wearing it till she finds she's not comfortable without it
2.  start buying/wearing clothes that hide it better.  She's 60.  It's okay to wear loose/baggy blouses/t-shirts and belts in your pants.  You may not have to wear a belt to keep you pants up but you need a belt to keep the holstered pistol where you want it.

Saw a doggone M12 Winchester 12 ga. for $299 I almost grabbed to bring home.  Just another gun I don't need but would enjoy tinkering with for awhile.  Shorten the barrel, get it parkerized, refinish the wood do a dull GI look and it would be a sharp looking old shotgun.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline timetofly

Re: gun show at Fredricksburg, VA this weekend
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 01:04:26 PM »

Saw a doggone M12 Winchester 12 ga. for $299 I almost grabbed to bring home.  Just another gun I don't need but would enjoy tinkering with for awhile.  Shorten the barrel, get it parkerized, refinish the wood do a dull GI look and it would be a sharp looking old shotgun.

The model 12 would have came home with me.  I have a soft spot the them and Model 97s.

Offline mdshotgunner

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 08:46:42 AM »
A $300 Mdl 12 would have to be really really beat up to not be a deal. Like lots of rust and abuse. Any chance we could get a picture? It could be your before picture. And you could do an after picture later.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 09:10:22 AM »
I didn't buy it. 

Yes, it was worth $300 but I just don't need it.  I stopped hunting years ago and I have an M97, Ithaca M37 (or three) and very old Auto 5.

If I'd bought it I'd just be spending money on it to get it refinished and buy a decent looking forend for it.  I like the slender ribbed kind, not that big fat tapered piece of wood that was on it.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline mdshotgunner

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 09:12:52 AM »
I didn't buy it. 

Yes, it was worth $300 but I just don't need it.  I stopped hunting years ago and I have an M97, Ithaca M37 (or three) and very old Auto 5.

If I'd bought it I'd just be spending money on it to get it refinished and buy a decent looking forend for it.  I like the slender ribbed kind, not that big fat tapered piece of wood that was on it.
I missed the almost. Doh! Hate when that happens.