Author Topic: I couldn't decide between the P07 and the P10C so.....  (Read 2796 times)

Offline Trevor300wsm

I couldn't decide between the P07 and the P10C so.....
« on: May 06, 2019, 11:41:00 PM »
So I just had to order them both.

Just wanted to say hello. Im new here. Just last week I picked up a P01 that I had been wanting for a while. I installed a set of TFX Pro's on it and put some rounds thru it. I had also wanted a P10C for the longest time. I had never been able to handle one as the local shops never had one in stock. While lurking on here I saw how popular the P07 was also. I was able to check one out while on a trip over the weekend. It felt really nice and was the perfect size. So I had to decide which one I wanted first. I did some shopping online and was able to get both the P10C in black and the P07 in OD green for $790 shipped. That was too good of a deal for me to pass up for two pistols that I really wanted. I hope to receive them later this week.

So....I went from having no CZ pistols to having 3 CZ pistols in less than a week. I really thought the P01 was going to be my new carry pistol, but after getting a brief feel of the P07in the store, Im really not sure at this point. I always appendix carry so a hammer fired pistol appeals to me more (thus the reason for getting the P01). I hope to have the P10C and P07 later this week and Ill spend some time with all 3 here at my range at home and Ill see what suits me best.

I love to "make stuff better" so I'm sure Ill be changing sights on them and getting Cajun parts for all 3.

Offline Bigkev

Re: I couldn't decide between the P07 and the P10C so.....
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 12:17:34 AM »
Congratulations. It sounds like you have the right plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Maynard

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 12:26:55 AM »
Welcome and I completely understand buying multiples, it's just how the CZ affliction seems to work.

Offline eastman

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 10:06:55 PM »

Always a good choice!
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline ion man

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 10:56:29 PM »
Congrats!
I had a P-10c but traded it for a P-07 as I prefer hammer fire.
Then I scored a .22lr conversion for it and have been having a blast with it! it's only 22 oz with a full 10 rnd mag.
I can shoot .22 in my backyard but the not the 9.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 02:43:44 AM »
Welcome to the addiction - no cure required. :D

Offline Sango

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 12:35:47 AM »
Welcome, Trevor! You are a man of exquisite taste. And I agree, $790 for the pair is too good to pass up on. Enjoy all three! I?m at 14 CZ?s and counting, it can really get out of control quickly.  ;D
I’ve got a few CZ’s...

Offline Sulpgnir

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 01:34:05 AM »
.......I love to "make stuff better" so I'm sure Ill be changing sights on them and getting Cajun parts for all 3.
All my CZ's rarely stay in stock config.  They all have at least the reduced power springs kit, as well as smoothing out the usual suspects.

Have fun and enjoy your new CZ's!

Offline seebee62

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 01:59:13 AM »
Welcome Congrats.

I love my P07 and P10C. Both great shooters and carry guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Trevor300wsm

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 03:45:47 PM »
I picked up the P07 and the P10C this morning. To my surprise, both came with night sights. For the price, I assumed I?d be getting the standard 3 dot whites. I?ve dry fired both of them about 200 times each already. They both feel wonderful in hand. Initial impressions are that the P07 will be my new carry pistol. However, the P10C just points so naturally for me and sits so low in the hand. I foresee a lot of rounds being put thru this one. As said above, I love to modify things, but I actually have no issue with the trigger on either pistol. The DA pull on the 07 is very heavy, but I can still hold POA with it while pulling it.

I?ll put some rounds thru them both later this evening. I?ll have to get a couple pieces steel set up.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2019, 04:21:08 PM »

Just wanted to say hello. Im new here. Just last week I picked up a P01 that I had been wanting for a while. I installed a set of TFX Pro's on it and put some rounds thru it. I had also wanted a P10C for the longest time. I had never been able to handle one as the local shops never had one in stock. While lurking on here I saw how popular the P07 was also. I was able to check one out while on a trip over the weekend. It felt really nice and was the perfect size. So I had to decide which one I wanted first. I did some shopping online and was able to get both the P10C in black and the P07 in OD green for $790 shipped. That was too good of a deal for me to pass up for two pistols that I really wanted. I hope to receive them later this week.

So....I went from having no CZ pistols to having 3 CZ pistols in less than a week. I really thought the P01 was going to be my new carry pistol, but after getting a brief feel of the P07in the store, Im really not sure at this point. I always appendix carry so a hammer fired pistol appeals to me more (thus the reason for getting the P01). I hope to have the P10C and P07 later this week and Ill spend some time with all 3 here at my range at home and Ill see what suits me best.

I love to "make stuff better" so I'm sure Ill be changing sights on them and getting Cajun parts for all 3.
I wonder if you ever got a chance to put your hands on a PO 9 ???
OH YEAH !!! You're going to want one of those.
And  as said above welcome to the addiction  🤪, there is no cure. 👍😎
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Trevor300wsm

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2019, 04:27:31 PM »
I?ll go take a look at a P09 soon. I have a 5? STI 2011 that I shoot steel with most of the time so it?ll have to be one sweet shooter to get the nod from me as far as a full size pistol goes. I just have a ?thing? for compact/4? size guns.

Offline gunbuster

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2019, 05:28:30 PM »
Welcome!  I like how you think!  I would get both too if it was allowed in my Commie state.
WTB PM if you got any for sale:
CZ 75 SHORT RAIL (factory blued)
CZ 75 PRE-B (factory blued).

Offline Trevor300wsm

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2019, 09:22:29 PM »
I put 60 rounds of 115gr Fiocchi thru both pistols this evening. Then I put another 30 rounds of 147gr Freedom Munitions thru the P07. Between the two, the P07 definitely has more muzzle flip over the P10C with the 115gr ammo. At least for me it did. The P10C was way flatter shooting. This is why I ran the 30rnds of 147gr ammo thru the P07. I wanted to see how much it decreased the muzzle flip.....it was substantial. I was shooting a 10" steel plate at 25yds. Accuracy on both pistols was excellent. I had zero malfunctions from either one. I need to try one size larger backstrap on the P07. It currently has the small one on it. I think the medium will fit me slightly better.

***One thing I noticed that stood out was the the magazine springs on all 4 mags were by far the stiffest mag springs I've ever felt/loaded. I have pistols from just about every manufacturer and these were by far the stiffest.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 09:27:50 PM by Trevor300wsm »

Offline Trevor300wsm

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2019, 02:20:23 PM »
I went out this morning and put another 60 rounds of 147gr thru the P10C at 25yds on a 8? steel square. This thing is just a dream to shoot.

I would like to find a thinner front fiber optic sight for the front and possibly a blacked out rear sight. If anyone has an recommendations, let me know. 

anything