Author Topic: still looking for the perfect "compact" CZ?  (Read 1540 times)

Offline rbuzz00

still looking for the perfect "compact" CZ?
« on: May 07, 2019, 11:02:45 AM »
For those still looking for the perfect "compact" CZ, it looks like there's one more offering to consider. It's not your typical "compact" version, but instead is sort of a combination of compact and full size that might appeal to many.  It's the CZ Custom Semi Compact, reportedly coming out this spring.  The Semi Compact pairs a compact slide assembly with a full-size CZ 75 B frame. Looks interesting.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/cz-custom-shadow-2-and-cz-semi-compact/

Offline m1a_scoutguy

Re: still looking for the perfect "compact" CZ?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 12:08:41 PM »
Looks and sounds interesting! Looks like CZ is jumping on the bandwagon of the Glock 45, FN and a few others that offer this option! People "think" they want it the other way around but then you lose the benefit of the full-size grip frame which equals better control !! I need another CZ like I need a 3rd eye,, but I will take a look when these become available !!  ;)

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 12:53:34 PM »
Hmmmm Cute!

RCG
What I lack in speed , I make up for with inaccuracy

Offline BladeGunner

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 01:48:17 PM »
Have you considered the P-O1. I think it?s still on roster. It?s just a slightly scaled down SP-01. It has a decocker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 02:15:19 PM »
Have you considered the P-O1? I think it?s still on the roster. It?s just a slightly scaled down SP-01. It has a decocker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were you asking me? Just wondering,, I have a P-01 already  ;) And a Shadowline &,,, etc LOL I know the triggers are better with the safety models but I like the decockers better myself, wish the above came in that configuration. Oh well, I'll keep my eyes peeled for the release of this gun, although if the Gunsamerica post is correct $1400 bucks could be a bit much! Not sure if that was for the Shadow the compact or they both retail for that amount!

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 03:45:58 PM »
It's usually the grip length, not the barrel length that determines the difficulty of concealment.

If I wanted a compact with a long grip that stuck out under my shirt to let more people know I was carrying I'd just stick n 18 or 19 round magazine in the mag. well and holster the pistol.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline nick954

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 05:48:22 PM »
Reminds me of a GLOCK 19x

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 05:53:06 PM »
CZ came up with this years ago. They occasionally pop up on the surplus market.

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2019, 05:56:21 PM »
really? I've held and fired a 19X before and I can't see the similarities at all.
Maybe I don't remember all that good I am getting older and the remeberer isn't what it used to nbe.

RCG
What I lack in speed , I make up for with inaccuracy

Offline psion55

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2019, 06:58:26 PM »
Funny that this post came out now.  Just a couple days ago I was wondering if my 75 Compact slide
would fit my 75B frame.  It does and it functions without error.  With the CGW Pro kit it makes for a
sweet set up.

Offline Cortelli

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2019, 10:11:54 PM »
really? I've held and fired a 19X before and I can't see the similarities at all.
Maybe I don't remember all that good I am getting older and the remeberer isn't what it used to nbe.

RCG

I believe he's referring to a compact slide on a full size frame, and not to other specific similarities between the two.

Offline hlpressley

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2019, 12:44:01 AM »
As a guy with really large hands, I would really like to see this come to fruition!

Offline badwrench

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2019, 10:24:43 AM »
It's usually the grip length, not the barrel length that determines the difficulty of concealment.

If I wanted a compact with a long grip that stuck out under my shirt to let more people know I was carrying I'd just stick n 18 or 19 round magazine in the mag. well and holster the pistol.

I could'nt agree with you more, That's the main reason I got rid of a HK P-30 I had, long grip with a short barrel/slide.. Trying to carry it, it stuck out like a sore thumb.. I can see the appeal of this if you have large hands, but overall, I just don't get the fullsize frame/compact barrel slide thing..Just another fad, I guess..

Offline Squonk

• BANNED for being an ass
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2019, 10:58:54 AM »
Just the opposite is what I need. I carry OWB with untucked button down shirt, so, barrel length is more important. 
I was an ass and got myself banned.

Offline Triax60

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2019, 01:30:41 PM »
Just the opposite is what I need. I carry OWB with untucked button down shirt, so, barrel length is more important.

This is polymer, sounds like what you are looking for but not available here yet.

A perfect model for users who would like to carry their pistol as covertly as possible and as comfortably as possible, but who also want to maximise the potential of the 9x19 cartridge as well as the advantages of a long barrel and slide. This semi-compact duly combines the standard size barrel and slide with a compact polymer frame.

https://www.czub.cz/en/produkty/pistole/semi-compact/cz-p-10-sc.html