Author Topic: still looking for the perfect "compact" CZ?  (Read 1539 times)

Offline m1a_scoutguy

Re: still looking for the perfect "compact" CZ?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2019, 01:55:00 PM »
Reminds me of a GLOCK 19x
really? I've held and fired a 19X before and I can't see the similarities at all.
Maybe I don't remember all that good I am getting older and the remember isn't what it used to nbe.

RCG

I believe he's referring to a compact slide on a full-size frame, and not to other specific similarities between the two.

Yup, that's the reason for the 19X & the G45. The 19X was built for the Military trials but lost out to the Sig 320. This style of gun is tailored more for Duty than concealed carry, why I agree it is "bigger" it could be concealed with a little more effort than normal. I don't think the premise of this gun is for concealed carry, its just in the long list of pistols that have already come down the road configured this way, I think no one really "noticed" till the 19X and G45 brought it to the forefront! Bottom line is there are plenty of choices for concealed carry this would work but there are better choices! The best news is its another choice from CZ,,, get in line guys,,, get in line !!  ;)

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2019, 02:18:31 PM »
I understand completely now I was stuck on the
poly vs steel - hammer vs striker - too much into the detail to obseve the obvious I apologize.

RCG
What I lack in speed , I make up for with inaccuracy

Offline DWARREN

• Grumpy Old Guy
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2019, 02:58:44 PM »
I like my steel compact with the rubber mag base plates. Fits me perfectly.
SHUT UP AND RELOAD!

Offline mdshotgunner

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2019, 04:16:58 PM »
It's usually the grip length, not the barrel length that determines the difficulty of concealment.

If I wanted a compact with a long grip that stuck out under my shirt to let more people know I was carrying I'd just stick n 18 or 19 round magazine in the mag. well and holster the pistol.

I could'nt agree with you more, That's the main reason I got rid of a HK P-30 I had, long grip with a short barrel/slide.. Trying to carry it, it stuck out like a sore thumb.. I can see the appeal of this if you have large hands, but overall, I just don't get the fullsize frame/compact barrel slide thing..Just another fad, I guess..
They have to keep coming up with different configurations to keep people buying new ones. If they don?t then people stop buying. Just look at how many different manufacturers and models of 1911?s there are. It?s amazing how big the market there is. Same thing with CZ?s. One basic design but dozens of models and price points to keep everyone buying.

Offline gunbuster

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2019, 05:49:28 PM »
Looks nice.  Might try to get one if this allowed in Commiefornia.
WTB: CZ 75 Pre-B (blued).  PM directly. Thanks!

Offline rbuzz00

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2019, 09:03:34 PM »
It's usually the grip length, not the barrel length that determines the difficulty of concealment.

If I wanted a compact with a long grip that stuck out under my shirt to let more people know I was carrying I'd just stick n 18 or 19 round magazine in the mag. well and holster the pistol.

The CZ Semi Compact is simply following the success of pistols such as the Glock 45 which has the longer 17 frame combined with the shorter 19 slide.

Supposedly this sort of combination came about because law enforcement officers realized that they were spending the majority of their time in their police cruiser with long barrel of the service weapon buried in their car's seats. Going with a slide about a half inch shorter eliminated some of this and staying with the longer frame gave them better control of the firearm because of the longer grip, and also allowed them to carry more rounds, also because of the longer frame.

This configuration was never designed with the intention of concealed carry, it was more of a duty weapon configuration.  Judging by the sales success of the Glock 45, I'd say it was a sound design change. 

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2019, 01:38:30 AM »
I understand completely now I was stuck on the
poly vs steel - hammer vs striker - too much into the detail to observe the obvious I apologize.

RCG

No worries CZ Brother!  :) I shoot with a bunch of buddies that are all stuck on the poly/striker versus steel/hammer all the time! I just smile and think to myself well some people get it and some "don't"! I think WE get it, LOL Hey I still like and enjoy the poly guns,, there are awesome but I just prefer the steel/feel/accuracy that we enjoy! Again no need to apologize, we are all good!  ;)

Offline viking499

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2019, 09:33:05 AM »

"The CZ Semi Compact is simply following the success of pistols such as the Glock 45 which has the longer 17 frame combined with the shorter 19 slide."

Except CZ already did this 15 years ago.

Offline badwrench

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2019, 12:07:01 PM »

The CZ Semi Compact is simply following the success of pistols such as the Glock 45 which has the longer 17 frame combined with the shorter 19 slide.

Supposedly this sort of combination came about because law enforcement officers realized that they were spending the majority of their time in their police cruiser with long barrel of the service weapon buried in their car's seats. Going with a slide about a half inch shorter eliminated some of this and staying with the longer frame gave them better control of the firearm because of the longer grip, and also allowed them to carry more rounds, also because of the longer frame.

This configuration was never designed with the intention of concealed carry, it was more of a duty weapon configuration.  Judging by the sales success of the Glock 45, I'd say it was a sound design change.

If that's it's intended role, I get it, and that makes sense..However,I think some people are going to be dissapointed when they buy one, and try to use it as a CCW... And I can promise you that'll happen..

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2019, 12:12:50 PM »
It?s really CZ Custom (not CZUB) in this case that?s taking advantage of a new and wider CZ audience and employing variations once floated out there by CZUB. Kudos to them for offering souped up versions. However, I?m not sure if there?s enough of a CZ aficionado market for the steel DAO

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2019, 12:33:13 PM »

If that's it's intended role, I get it, and that makes sense..However,I think some people are going to be disappointed when they buy one, and try to use it as a CCW... And I can promise you that'll happen.

True,, I'm sure "someone" will see it fall in love and think its a great gun for CCW. While it could/would work they will soon realize it's not as easy as they thought it was gonna be! Bottom line do your homework/research and you will be good to go !!

Offline Squonk

• BANNED for being an ass
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2019, 03:36:09 PM »
This is polymer, sounds like what you are looking for but not available here yet.
Well, I am ready to try IWB again. I have lost 100 lbs. since my last battle with IWB. Maybe I can get it to work now.? If I can, will definitely open up more opportunities. While I was at the NRA Show, I fell in love with the Colt Lightweight Commander & the Dan Wesson Guardian. The fit and finish is definitely an upgrade on the DW. Do I want to spend the extra 600 bucks? Haven't decided yet.
I was an ass and got myself banned.

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2019, 10:28:56 AM »
I was loving the idea of the semi compact until I saw the price.  I'd drop $600 on one in a heartbeat but not north of double that amount.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline macktheknife

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2019, 02:03:56 PM »
To bad its not an aluminum frame, would be a CZ commander and probably a nice carry gun.
PEOPLE SLEEP PEACEFULLY IN THEIR BEDS AT NIGHT BECAUSE ROUGH MEN STAND READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF.

Offline Epguy80

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2019, 02:14:31 PM »
It?s really CZ Custom (not CZUB) in this case that?s taking advantage of a new and wider CZ audience and employing variations once floated out there by CZUB. Kudos to them for offering souped up versions. However, I?m not sure if there?s enough of a CZ aficionado market for the steel DAO

Right? I kind of wish they'd do a Custom Compact L again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk