Author Topic: P10C Slide Lock Back Issue  (Read 7326 times)

Offline Boogalou

P10C Slide Lock Back Issue
« on: May 07, 2019, 02:56:14 PM »
I purchased this gun on the 1st and took it to the range today see how she'd shoot.  Very pleased with accuracy and how it performed but the slide is not staying open of the last round.   Is this common on new P10's or possibly a mag or mag release issue?  Had the problem on both mags.   I only fired 100 rounds because of time constraints.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 07:51:24 PM by Wobbly »

Offline Yankchef

Re: P10C issue
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 03:01:08 PM »
I'm having the same issue with mine and honestly I have it with a lot of polymer striker guns because of my grip. I would drop 1 in the pipe and hold the pistol with 1 hand or even 2 but make sure you are no where near the slide stop and shoot it to function test if its actually a problem with the gun

Sent from my H8266 using Tapatalk

Offline seebee62

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 03:13:55 PM »
Probably got 6-700 rounds on my P10C.

Slide always locks back. Check with a empty mag if the slide locks back.

Next time at the range shoot a mag strong only and see if lock backs.

Check your Grip to see if your riding high with the support hand.

Only time I?ve had a slide not lock back was a Glock 19 where my support has was riding the slide stop/ release but I didn?t realize it. I just had to tweak my grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Vex001

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 03:30:05 PM »
Yea, I run into this every now and again when I'm not conscious of my grip. Sometimes doing offhand or single hand shooting I accidentally let my thumb ride the release. Best way to test is just throw one round in the mag, chamber it and shoot being careful not to ride that release. I have something like 4000 rounds through mine now and it's great.

That being said, while we're on the topic, if you use any kind of mag extensions, be careful to test directly. I found that +5 extensions are definitely needing the +10% power spring. I had CZ Customs +5 extensions and wasn't getting consistent lockup on the last shot. Now I run Shield Arms extensions that come with the +10% spring and they work great.

Good luck!

holidaypf

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 06:18:44 PM »
I like everything about my P10c - except - I have to accept that my thumb will not allow the slide to lock back, unless I change my grip to a low-strong-hand-thumb position. I'm toying with the idea of cutting the slide release button right off.

Offline StuckonGlocks21

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 07:08:43 PM »
I like everything about my P10c - except - I have to accept that my thumb will not allow the slide to lock back, unless I change my grip to a low-strong-hand-thumb position. I'm toying with the idea of cutting the slide release button right off.
I?ve shortened mine on the left side for that reason. May go even shorter when I get it back from CZ.

holidaypf

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 08:00:07 PM »
I?ve shortened mine on the left side for that reason. May go even shorter when I get it back from CZ.

Hmmm. I might just have to give it a try.

Offline kma!

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 09:46:38 PM »
It's almost certainly your grip. I had to adjust mine slightly too.

Offline Boogalou

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2019, 10:14:32 PM »
I have to agree on my grip.  After I wrote the post I did some dry firing with the gun and noticed that my strong hand thumb was right over the slide release.  i am so used to resting my thumb on the safety of my other CZ pistols that  I didn't realize my grip was causing the problem.   The P10C is the first Glock type pistol I've owned so I will have to readjust my grip style with this gun.

Offline Yankchef

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2019, 04:35:22 PM »

Start at about 11:00/11:30. He goes over the issue in detail

I will have to make the same adjustments because I don't get slide lock on hardly any striker plastic guns with my grip either. One of the things I really appreciate about the 07/09 and sp01 they always lock back for me

Offline Duke Nukem

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2019, 09:11:56 AM »
At 22:05 while he's running his drill, it looks like he has another failure for slide to lock back. 

Offline Practical Shooter

• Legio Patria Nostra
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2019, 01:25:38 PM »
I don't have this issue with the Steyr.

That's one of the advantage of the Steyr. There is so much room on the frame that it's almost impossible to interfere with the slide stop.

Offline Yankchef

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2019, 04:56:51 PM »
I really wish cz put the same frame shape around the magazine release for the p10 that they do on the p07. The frame is recessed on the p07 around the magazine release and it always ejects the mags flying out and your hand can not interfere. My p10 the spring/ejection seems weak and the button is not recessed, sometimes my dominant hand can get in the way when I press the button

Offline rwl1955

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2019, 02:58:22 PM »
I also have the same problem with plastic guns. The slide rarely locks back on my Glocks and the P10c. Shoot my CZ 75BD or the P-01 Omega no problem. When I move my shooting hand thumb from parallel to the slide barrel to wrapping it around my left hand the slide usually locks back.  :(
CZ75B, CZ P-01 Omega, CZ P-10C. G19

Offline Boogalou

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2019, 08:27:05 PM »
I took the gun to the range again and verified that it is my grip that is keeping the slide from locking back.  So....  I've had to change my grip style on this gun, even then I was still apparently getting to close to the slide release and having a few times where the slide didn't lock back.   And one time, when I loaded a mag into the gun, the slide automatically closed without me doing anything.   I love the way the gun points and feels while shooting, just not real happy with the slide release.