Author Topic: New p07 questions  (Read 539 times)

Offline GRJY

New p07 questions
« on: May 09, 2019, 05:56:08 PM »
So I am now on my 5th Cz pistol. Just purchased and brought home a new p07. This is my second one. I have 2 questions for you all. First, I noticed that the extractor has a pin going through it where as my first one doesn’t. It is on the outside of the extractor near the rear of the extractor. Both guns are 2nd gen. The one I just bought was built January 2019. The second thing I noticed was that the rear sight was noticeably over to the right. The test target also showed the grouping way off to the right near the edge of the circle. I was gonna drift the sight a bit to the left to center it and then take it out and shoot it. What size Allen wrench does it use to remove the set screw? I don’t have a sight pusher but was just thinking of putting it in a bench vise and use a towel to cushion it and then just taking a brass punch to it to drift it.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: New p07 questions
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 06:23:47 PM »
The pin is a loaded chamber indicator. Some later models seem to have it while others do not.
I would refrain from adjusting the sights before actually shooting the pistol. It may be off and it may not.
I wish CZ would scrap the stupid test target thing altogether. That's more of a function test than an accuracy test to begin with.I pay ZERO attention to them. I have test targets that look like shotgun patterns that go with guns that are tack drivers.Test papers are USELESS.

Offline GRJY

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 06:57:32 PM »
I will hold off drifting the sights. I really hope it shoots right though. The rear sight drifted pretty far to the right. It isn’t even close to being centered. I would like it to be somewhat centered and not so far over.

Offline Winkel

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 09:10:34 PM »
I think the allen size is 1/16" but please verify it fits well before you go torquing on it. 
When I get my rear sight where I want it, I put a drop of blue loctite in the hole and stir it with a toothpick to remove the air bubble.
Then, I reinstall the set screw, just snug.  I figure it pushes some of the loctite under the rear sight and helps hold it in place a little better. 
Just my two cents....

Offline Bigkev

New p07 questions
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 11:25:01 PM »

Mine has the loaded chamber indicator too. This is obviously with the chamber loaded.

Like the others have said, don’t put too much store in the test target...shoot it a little before you adjust it. Mine was off too on the test target. When I put rounds through it here were my actual results. These were my first two mags through the pistol. 15 yards, 16 in the left target and 15 in the right.

[Mods shrank photo size]
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 10:01:07 AM by Wobbly »

Offline GRJY

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 12:02:52 AM »
I know the test targets don’t really show the accuracy of the firearm. My other CZs shoot way better than the target shows but those targets the shots a relatively centered. This new one the shots are hitting the far right edge of the circle. Not close to center at all which corresponds with the right of center rear sight.

Offline GRJY

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2019, 01:12:59 AM »
So I had a day out on my family property shooting today. I took two p07s and and cz75 compact. The new p07 does indeed short a bit to the right. Not really noticeable of you are not a good shot. At 10 to 15 feet it was shooting just off center to right by a bit on a 3 inch target. At 15 yards it would a hold a nice group but was right of center. Only a few shots hit center bullseye or just to the left the majority of shots were to the right. It was definitely favoring the right side. It will hit a torso sized target easy but could be tweaked a bit for sure.

Does anyone know a formula for adjusting the sights. Something like distance between rear and front sight by 15 yards from the target equals x amount of adjustment? The rear sight needs to me move about 1/32 if an inch or a little over half a mm to be centered. I am wondering how to determine if I move the the sight over 1/32 of an inch to the left how much that will bring the shot over to the left at 15 yards. There has to be a formula to determine that but math is not my strongest subject.

Edited to add that I shot the other p07 and Cz 75 compact and they are dead in.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 01:24:18 AM by GRJY »

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2019, 05:57:55 AM »
I'd just drift it over and test fire till you get it where you are happy.  No formula for adjusting the sights will be of much use unless you are mounting the gun in a machine rest to fire it and remove the human factor.
Really doesn't sound like it needs much though. I'd go a few thousandths and test from there.

Offline Dr.Juice

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2019, 09:34:56 AM »
I don't know of a formula but when my RAMI was shooting a tad to the left I adjusted the sights maybe 1/32 - 1/16" over and it was dead on. So it won't be much.

Offline GRJY

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2019, 10:27:48 AM »
I don't know of a formula but when my RAMI was shooting a tad to the left I adjusted the sights maybe 1/32 - 1/16" over and it was dead on. So it won't be much.

How much to the left was it shooting? How much did the adjustment move your shot?

Offline StuckonGlocks21

New p07 questions
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2019, 11:13:52 AM »
https://dawsonprecision.com/sight-calculator/

This is for front sight height calculation. Same formula should work for windage too, but you would move the rear opposite of the front sight. In the direction you want to move the impact of the boolits.

Or you could use this formula

Sight radius x impact distance / in. to target =
Inches to move sights

All units in inches.

Offline Mifune326

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2019, 01:27:58 AM »
Beautiful groups Big Kev.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2019, 02:00:29 PM »
 shooting left and low left is usually a shooter problem. Jerking the trigger.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Bigkev

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2019, 10:26:32 PM »
Beautiful groups Big Kev.

Thanks. It’s the product of a well spent youth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anything