Author Topic: The importance of customer service.  (Read 669 times)

Offline CrazyDave

The importance of customer service.
« on: May 10, 2019, 09:00:36 AM »
 A few companies can't fix a gun after twice back to the factory. Frustrating.  I don't buy from those folks.

A new 1911 9mm Springfield followed us home.  It didn't run. I think the gun was dropped at the store looking back.  I called Springfield to have some custom work done as long as it needed adjustment anyhow.  Evidently Springfield no longer does much custom work.  We talked and they decided to send me a free shipping label.

The slide now is as smooth as any reliable 1911.  They gave it the trigger job I initially requested (evidently they take notes). The list of things they did was included and long.  No charge.  Limp wristing will not phase it, I can't get it to malfunction now.  The trigger and frame to slide fit is worthy of a 1911 at any cost.  The most important thing is it goes bang every time with anything it's fed now. 

Anyone else favor companies due to their customer service? CZ asked for a gun back three times when I just had a question. They are another good one. 

Offline The Guardian

• CZ dreamin'... zzzzzzz..... don't wake me
Re: The importance of customer service.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 10:15:48 AM »
Henry has great customer service......one reason I lean their way when it’s close between their offering and another manufacturer, it really does make a difference.  :)
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."  John Wayne as J.B Books in "The Shootist" 1976

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 12:05:03 PM »
Have had GREAT customer service from KelTec and Kimber. Both on guns that where second hand but repaired for free anyway.
, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Offline adrian

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 01:45:46 PM »
     Hiya and thx for the thread, And customer service is always important, especially when you are a customer. Thx for sharing your positive results and lets see a range day report soon. Be well.

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 06:30:58 PM »
I’ve had similar experiences with SA as well. Additionally I’ve experienced superb CS from Ruger (for my mistakes).

I have no issues with SIG from the voluntary recall of my P320. It went well, just not as quick as Ruger.
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline Hemiscorpius lepturus

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 05:17:57 AM »
I had a Vortex optic that was damaged, they were unable to repair it so they sent me a brand new one.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 01:58:17 PM »
I had a Vortex optic that was damaged, they were unable to repair it so they sent me a brand new one.
I will 2nd The Vortex CS experience.
Good company that stands behind their product.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Tenbones

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2019, 02:33:26 PM »
I've been a gun owner for a long, long time and bought many guns during that time and I have never had to return one for service, so I can't speak for customer service on that.  However, how a gun manufacturer responds to questions you might have regarding their product is just as important, in my opinion.

Offline BG ARMORY

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2019, 02:53:22 PM »
I do remember a story of a guy who bought a brand new Springfield 1911 put it in his back pack and took off in his motorcycle. the box ended up falling out on the freeway and Springfield replaced bleep near everything on it but the frame if I remember.

Vortex has such a great warranty, because you will need it. They have one of the highest RMA percentages in the industry.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2019, 03:28:52 PM »
 I think other than miss use or altering it yourself . they will fix it or replace it no money on you. lifetime doesn't get any better than that.JMHO

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2019, 03:44:47 PM »
I've been a gun owner for a long, long time and bought many guns during that time and I have never had to return one for service, so I can't speak for customer service on that.  However, how a gun manufacturer responds to questions you might have regarding their product is just as important, in my opinion.
I don't know how you've been that lucky but you probably just jinxed yourself but good by saying this.
I wish I was so lucky. I've sent 10 guns back from various manufacturers.
I will say in the 2 instances I needed CZ customer service they came through with flying colors and fixed the issues (replaced both guns) right out of the gate. Best I've ever dealt with.
My recent Walther purchase is on it's THIRD return trip with no hope of resolution in sight. :(

Offline Tenbones

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2019, 07:10:22 PM »
I don't know how you've been that lucky but you probably just jinxed yourself but good by saying this.

LOL!  I didn't think about that.   :o

Offline DWARREN

• Grumpy Old Guy
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2019, 07:55:43 PM »
New Ruger SR1911 with the MSH pin in the hammer and hammer pin in the MSH pin hole.
Changed them around and notified Ruger, they wanted the pistol back to fully inspect it.
SHUT UP AND RELOAD!

Offline Ron M.

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2019, 08:18:45 PM »
Only 3 problems that need to go back.  My CZ P07 Duty somehow had the serial number plate pop off. CZ sent me a FedEx label and very quickly sent back a new model P07 to replace. The next was a major headache. My FN 509 striker broke, FN would not send a new striker and made me pay return shipping. 12 weeks to get my pistol back, it was promptly put up on Texas Gun Trader and sold at a significant loss. I did have a slide crack on a Kimber Aegis II, The shop I bought it from sent the pistol back for me, turn around was 4 weeks. I ended up trading off the Aegis for a S&W L-Comp.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2019, 08:31:23 PM »
 I hope you didn't sell the po7? looks to me like you have trouble with a pistol you get it fixed and sell them. I can understand if it's a chronic problem.
Quality control isn't always perfect at every manufacturer.