Author Topic: CZ P-10c, is it that obvious?  (Read 347 times)

Offline Duke Nukem

CZ P-10c, is it that obvious?
« on: May 10, 2019, 03:37:40 PM »
I hesitate to even ask the question, because I've heard there is such a thing as a dumb question, but I'm going to ask it anyway: what is the proper place to seat the rear end of the recoil spring on the P-10c?  I first did a search here and didn't find anything.  I've looked at the manual and it doesn't say.  To be specific, there is a round cut in the part of the chamber block that faces the barrel that looks like it's meant for the end of the guide rod:

When I actually fit the guide rod assembly in that seat it doesn't look quite right:

When the guide rod is moved up a little it has more to sit against, but even then it's not exactly a tailor fit:

Adding to my uncertainty was a YouTube video showing a field strip and reassembly where the demonstrator seems to suggest the round cut is where it should be seated.  Start watching at 1:16 and see what I mean:

I apologize if this has been addressed before, I couldn't find any mention of it.

Offline StuckonGlocks21

Re: CZ P-10c, is it that obvious?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 03:50:06 PM »
It goes in that radiused cut like in the first picture. Then you install the assembled slide onto the frame.

Offline Hickeroar

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 04:32:02 PM »
Once the slide is cycled it will fall out of the radiused notch into the other area. That's normal and expected. The notch is to make sure it's clear of all possible things it could snag on while being reassembled. It's not going to stay there.

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 04:32:11 PM »
Into the little half moon cut. It's really not that crucial because once it's back on the frame it doesn't rest there any longer anyway. The barrel cut is simply a temporary holding position for the guide rod until it's installed back on the frame.

Offline Duke Nukem

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 05:14:57 PM »
Thank you, that makes sense.   8)

I thought the manual would have made mention of the correct procedure, but I didn't see anything specific. 

To the moon, Alice!  (with apologies to Jackie Gleason) lol

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2019, 02:02:40 AM »
Loved the Honeymooners. Yes, that is the right way and welcome to the addiction.

anything