Author Topic: My new clones are beating my CZ's  (Read 10409 times)

Offline TheKnack

My new clones are beating my CZ's
« on: May 10, 2019, 10:59:13 PM »
Have owned many CZ's and still own a SP01, P01 Omega and a Shadow 2.
Recently bought a T-100 and was so impressed I bought a T120.
Opened my eyes to the quality of these clones so I bought a SAR K2.
All three will easily outshoot any CZ I have owned with the exception of my Shadow 2 trying to keep up.
How can these less costly pistols be doing this?

The slide to frame on the T100 and T120 is so tight its a wonder they havent had problems.
The SAR K2 is close as well.
The barrels on lockup have zero play.
My CZ SP01 is newer and is so lose you literally hear it if you shake it. The P01 Omega is a little better but not much.
My Shadow 2 is the closest and should be costing 3 plus times the cost....Yet it still has trouble bettering the SAR K2 or the T120.
Honestly I am shocked as I was content with the accuracy of the CZ's...Yet these clones have me considering selling them for more supposedly inferior pistols.
I think CZ needs to update there tooling or tolerances.
The triggers are better on the Tristars and the SAR as well.
Of course the Shadow 2 is better but heck it should be.
Anyone else noticing this.
I dont think I just lucked into three above average clones.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Re: My new clones are beating my CZ's
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 03:46:08 PM »
I love my TriStar T120, and all of my other Cz Clones.  That said, my Cz SP01 is not for sale anytime soon.
For some reason, I'm using the Cz SP01 as an IPSC Range beater, and saving the TriStar T120 for more serious social concerns.

I think that most of the Cz Clones can offer very good to excellent quality in a handgun, that surpasses many other popular name brands.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 03:56:00 PM by jwc007 »
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline TheKnack

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 05:05:07 PM »
But now instead of being just a diehard CZ fan I feel like the guys who I turned onto CZ's that used to shoot  Glocks. :-\
Glad I tried the clones though and will get more.

Will keep the Shadow 2 and the P01 possibly.
My SP01 is probably gonna go to fund another SAR K2 and most the cost of another Tristar.

Offline Rmach

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 07:47:20 PM »
I don't think I'll ever sell my C-100. It has outperformed many of my CZ's.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 03:16:29 PM by Rmach »

Offline Practical Shooter

• Legio Patria Nostra
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 08:56:27 PM »
I love my TriStar T120, and all of my other Cz Clones.  That said, my Cz SP01 is not for sale anytime soon.

Same here, really enjoy my Tristar, but will take my SP01 with me in my casket.

Offline himurax13

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2019, 06:06:32 PM »
If you are comparing stock to stock, I could possibly agree with that. I prefer the ergos of the Tanfoglios as well.

However, I often find that the CZ Shadows have the edge in the trigger and reliability department.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Offline Texf6

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 11:16:32 AM »
Couldn?t agree more. 
T120 9mm
P120 9mm
P100 .40
T100 9mm
C100 x 2 .40 and 9mm

Only a CZ P-07 remains from the brand name.  Don?t shoot it much.  Not a knock on it but rather just doesn?t get as much love as it should.

Offline Airacuda

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2019, 02:57:25 PM »
Spend $17.00 and get the 3 springs for the Tristars at CGW. Puts the Tristar into another lever. Cheapest money you can spend for the most change.

Offline chet45

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2019, 01:30:38 PM »
 i have been thinking of getting the S120, i don't see much here about it, any reason

chet

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2019, 02:01:52 PM »
The reason is, I would guess, they are hard to get. Not many people have them that come to the CZ site.
They are nice guns though I am pretty sure I have the P-120 and its awesome!!!!

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline HollowDawg

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2019, 10:04:06 AM »
I have several CZ 75B s in 9mm and .40 love 'em. I have a Tristar P100 and P120 in 9 mm. CGW spring pack improved all of them. My Tristar/Caniks have better trigger pulls and breaks. Also less camming than the Czs. The P100 LOVES the bullseye on targets. If Tristars came in stainless, not sure I'd be looking much at CZs. Hope the CZ gods don't strike me down for blasphemy!

Offline Practical Shooter

• Legio Patria Nostra
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2019, 04:40:28 PM »
Spend $17.00 and get the 3 springs for the Tristars at CGW. Puts the Tristar into another lever. Cheapest money you can spend for the most change.

That is so true. Start with the springs and see your gun become one of your favorites.
Then you will want more of it, and go to see what CZ has to offer.
I think, deep inside the dark side of the gun industry, Canik only exist to steer people toward CZ's direction  O0

Offline SEAKPhotog

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2019, 01:34:49 AM »
Uh oh, this thread may cost me some money. Just discovered CZs and really enjoy my SP-01, P-01 and PCR, all with decockers for a guy just getting into SA/DA. But man, if I decide to go with just a thumb safety the TriStars look like fine alternatives. Having just been gifted a Girsan Regard (Turkish Beretta 92 clone) with which I'm very impressed, I'm more than willing to give TriStar/Caincks a try. And the SAR brand is completely new to me. Have to check them out as well.

Offline Backwoods

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2019, 06:31:11 AM »
I have a tristar S120 and have shot it about a thousand times. It is as accurate as I could ask for, but I did have to use the hammer of Thor to adjust the rear sight for windage. Got super lucky in that the first movement made it dead nuts. That's something to think about for a prospective buyer. You are not going to gingerly tap that rear sight in any direction and it could possibly be off. Mine @ 50 yds was off a good foot or so.

The trigger is not great IMO. The firing pin block BS makes the whole process of pulling it feel very vague. I removed all of that BS and it did greatly improve the feel, but the mainspring is about as stiff as a stock small block Chevrolet valvespring, and seems a little excessive when pulling double action. I also feel that the height of the hammer hooks is a little excessive and is the main culprit in the trigger creep that you can observe in these guns.

All of that bashing aside, it really is accurate. I wish I had a ransom rest so I could tell you something concrete. It has never malfunctioned under any circumstance. It is cheap @ under $400.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2019, 01:44:19 PM »
In general, Accuracy on all of my Cz Clones has been stellar, when I do my part.
Also in general, most Cz Clones have more potential for accuracy than most shooters can utilize.

Accuracy of Tanfoglio/RIA MAP1 FS at 50 feet with 124 grain Match Reload

Accuracy of TriStar/Canik T120 at 50 feet with 124 grain Match Reload
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 01:49:58 PM by jwc007 »
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"