Author Topic: Picked up a P-01 Omega!  (Read 520 times)

Offline MilSpec

Picked up a P-01 Omega!
« on: May 11, 2019, 12:29:07 AM »
After having been looking on the inter webs for several months, Tombstone Tactical received 3 on Wednesday, so I placed my online order that very night and drove up to Phoenix today to pick it up.  Can’t wait to shoot her! Fits like a glove...

Offline Sulpgnir

Re: Picked up a P-01 Omega!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 01:29:45 AM »
Congrats!  We do expect a range report soon  ;)

Offline MilSpec

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 01:45:16 AM »
I’m hoping to go to the range next Friday!

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 06:06:46 AM »
I agree, there is just something about the feel of the P01 grip/frame in your hand.  Had one of mine on my hip most of the day yesterday and while sitting outside last night roasting hot dogs over a fire in the fire pit.  Didn't even know it was there, most of the time.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 08:10:23 AM »
Congrats on finding the P01 you wanted! They are outstanding for sure. I held off on getting one for years by saying my P07 was the same thing. While I love the P07, I finally decided I needed a P01 as well.

I bought an Omega UG/SR model months ago. Took it to the range once and the front sight went dead. Sent the slide back to CZ to replace the sight. At 6 weeks they said they could not get another sight and told me to send in the frame and rest of the parts because they wanted to send me a new gun. So, after about 3 months I get my new P01 today. Shows Fed-Ex is delivering to the house today!

Offline adrian

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 08:17:14 AM »
     Hiya and thx for the thread. Glad the couple operators got and enjoy the platform,it really is such a ergonomically great fit in the hand,and easy to shoot. Be well.

Offline DarrenL

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 03:17:06 PM »
Congrad's that one is on my list, I have a PCR and love it along with my 07.

Offline Texas377

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 04:46:29 PM »
Congrats!  Nothing like opening that box for the first time.   8)
CZ Compact PCR
Sig Sauer P320
Walther CCP
Others, etc.

Offline christak

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 05:17:14 PM »
Great gun! Love mine! Congrats!

Offline Grasshopper2983

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 03:58:18 PM »
Congrats on the new addition.  New member to this "family" myself, as I picked up a P01 Omega last month, when I noticed one in the display at my LGS. 

These pistols don't come around often at my LGS.  "Wait, is that a P01?  Whats an Omega?  ** takes hold of the firearm **  Ohhhh thats nice, I remember that grip. Yeah, lets fill out the paperwork RIGHT NOW".   

Have put 500 rounds through it with no issues. 

Enjoy the Omega, its an awesome pistol.
CZ P01 Omega
H&K VP9
Honor Guard Honor Defense

Offline MilSpec

Re: Picked up a P-01 Omega! Updated with Short Range Report
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2019, 08:44:37 PM »
So I made it to the indoor range this afternoon. As expected, this baby shot great! DA trigger still a little hard, but I expect it will smooth/lighten a little with many more rounds.  The SA trigger pull was very nice, and the reset was both tactile and audible.  Accuracy was very good, though I only tried one brand of ammo and only at 21’ and 15’.  Had to cut the session a little short, though; my back was starting to hurt and I also had a G23 to sight in after putting Trijicon HD X-RAY sights on it, so I only put 100 rounds of S&B 124 gr FMJ through the P-01 and moved on to the Glock. Both of the 14-rounders that came with the gun, as well as the two 16-rounders that I bought for it, all functioned flawlessly.  It goes without saying that I’m delighted with the P-01 (no surprise there).  I have a Clinger V3 Stingray IWB holster on the way for it.  I also found out today that the P-01 will fit perfectly into a Blackhawk leather holster for an XD.  So that will give me a fitted IWB and a thumb-break OWB option.  I’ll insert this one into my carry rotation for sure.  :)

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2019, 11:01:46 PM »
Congrats, the P01 omega is one of my favorite pistols. It simply fits and works as advertised.
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

anything