Author Topic: Picked up a P-01 Omega!  (Read 840 times)

Offline MilSpec

Picked up a P-01 Omega!
« on: May 11, 2019, 12:29:07 AM »
After having been looking on the inter webs for several months, Tombstone Tactical received 3 on Wednesday, so I placed my online order that very night and drove up to Phoenix today to pick it up.  Can?t wait to shoot her! Fits like a glove...

Offline Sulpgnir

Re: Picked up a P-01 Omega!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 01:29:45 AM »
Congrats!  We do expect a range report soon  ;)

Offline MilSpec

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 01:45:16 AM »
I?m hoping to go to the range next Friday!

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 06:06:46 AM »
I agree, there is just something about the feel of the P01 grip/frame in your hand.  Had one of mine on my hip most of the day yesterday and while sitting outside last night roasting hot dogs over a fire in the fire pit.  Didn't even know it was there, most of the time.
I stopped carrying the SIG 556R.  SIG changed models and couple/three times and stopped supporting it with parts.  So, I stopped supporting SIG.  Back to the tried/true AR15 Carbine.

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 08:10:23 AM »
Congrats on finding the P01 you wanted! They are outstanding for sure. I held off on getting one for years by saying my P07 was the same thing. While I love the P07, I finally decided I needed a P01 as well.

I bought an Omega UG/SR model months ago. Took it to the range once and the front sight went dead. Sent the slide back to CZ to replace the sight. At 6 weeks they said they could not get another sight and told me to send in the frame and rest of the parts because they wanted to send me a new gun. So, after about 3 months I get my new P01 today. Shows Fed-Ex is delivering to the house today!

Offline adrian

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 08:17:14 AM »
     Hiya and thx for the thread. Glad the couple operators got and enjoy the platform,it really is such a ergonomically great fit in the hand,and easy to shoot. Be well.

Offline DarrenL

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 03:17:06 PM »
Congrad's that one is on my list, I have a PCR and love it along with my 07.

Offline Texas377

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 04:46:29 PM »
Congrats!  Nothing like opening that box for the first time.   8)
CZ Compact PCR
Sig Sauer P320
Ruger LCP
Others, etc.

Offline christak

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 05:17:14 PM »
Great gun! Love mine! Congrats!

Offline Grasshopper2983

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 03:58:18 PM »
Congrats on the new addition.  New member to this "family" myself, as I picked up a P01 Omega last month, when I noticed one in the display at my LGS. 

These pistols don't come around often at my LGS.  "Wait, is that a P01?  Whats an Omega?  ** takes hold of the firearm **  Ohhhh thats nice, I remember that grip. Yeah, lets fill out the paperwork RIGHT NOW".   

Have put 500 rounds through it with no issues. 

Enjoy the Omega, its an awesome pistol.
CZ P01 Omega
H&K VP9
Honor Guard Honor Defense

Offline MilSpec

Re: Picked up a P-01 Omega! Updated with Short Range Report
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2019, 08:44:37 PM »
So I made it to the indoor range this afternoon. As expected, this baby shot great! DA trigger still a little hard, but I expect it will smooth/lighten a little with many more rounds.  The SA trigger pull was very nice, and the reset was both tactile and audible.  Accuracy was very good, though I only tried one brand of ammo and only at 21? and 15?.  Had to cut the session a little short, though; my back was starting to hurt and I also had a G23 to sight in after putting Trijicon HD X-RAY sights on it, so I only put 100 rounds of S&B 124 gr FMJ through the P-01 and moved on to the Glock. Both of the 14-rounders that came with the gun, as well as the two 16-rounders that I bought for it, all functioned flawlessly.  It goes without saying that I?m delighted with the P-01 (no surprise there).  I have a Clinger V3 Stingray IWB holster on the way for it.  I also found out today that the P-01 will fit perfectly into a Blackhawk leather holster for an XD.  So that will give me a fitted IWB and a thumb-break OWB option.  I?ll insert this one into my carry rotation for sure.  :)

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2019, 11:01:46 PM »
Congrats, the P01 omega is one of my favorite pistols. It simply fits and works as advertised.
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes