Author Topic: Cz sp01 phantom grip feel  (Read 2488 times)

Offline CzWolz

Cz sp01 phantom grip feel
« on: May 13, 2019, 01:45:56 PM »
I'm undecided on my next carry pistol but currently leaning towards the phantom. Unfortunately I cant for the life of me find one to hold anywhere within 50 miles. How does the grip of the cz sp01 phantom compare to the cz p10c or sp01 tactical? Does it have that natural fit like them? I held the p09 and i really disliked the way it fit in my hand.

Offline puddintame

Re: Cz sp01 phantom grip feel
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 02:26:34 PM »
check out the thread underneath this one. I just posted a pic of mine with the hogue sleeve w/palmswell. honestly, it feels great in hand with or without though. I just prefer the sleeve

« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 02:44:22 PM by puddintame »

Offline eastman

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 10:15:45 PM »
within 50 miles of where?
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline christak

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 11:25:12 PM »
I find my Phantom to have a very comfortable and ergonomic feel, much like the feel of my metal 75Bs and P-01s. I will say that the Phantom is a large gun and I'm not sure it would be my 1st choice for carry. But it's an amazing gun and extremely accurate.

Offline CzWolz

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 10:21:42 AM »

The dallas fort worth area in Texas

Offline Practical Shooter

• Legio Patria Nostra
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 04:13:31 PM »
I will say that the Phantom is a large gun and I'm not sure it would be my 1st choice for carry. But it's an amazing gun and extremely accurate.
The Phantom, like the P10F or the P09 hoovers around 30oz.
That weight is not too bad for a full size handgun.
With a good holster it can be an all day carry.

Offline christak

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 04:20:23 PM »
I will say that the Phantom is a large gun and I'm not sure it would be my 1st choice for carry. But it's an amazing gun and extremely accurate.

Agreed. I was not commenting on the weight of the gun (though weight is considerably more with 18+1 rounds loaded), more the physical size. Certainly its size would make it more of a challenge to conceal than other options, but I'm not sure how the OP plans to use the Phantom. Open carry wouldn't be a problem.

Offline Practical Shooter

• Legio Patria Nostra
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 07:53:49 PM »

Agreed. I was not commenting on the weight of the gun (though weight is considerably more with 18+1 rounds loaded), more the physical size. Certainly its size would make it more of a challenge to conceal than other options, but I'm not sure how the OP plans to use the Phantom. Open carry wouldn't be a problem.

Yes, I don't know either how the OP intent to work with that one, but we have been so spoiled with polymer guns.
Only up to 20 years ago, full size steel guns were the norm for carry, and we didn't hear too many cops, or others, complaining too much about the weight, even so they probably wished for something lighter  ;)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 06:31:33 AM by Practical Shooter »

Offline eastman

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 10:25:38 PM »
I like the feel of the Phantom better than the P-09. But the SP-01 with rubber palm-swell grips feels even better to me.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline CzWolz

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 11:29:34 PM »
I'm going to iwb hip carry it. I have a athletic build with a wide upper body and can conceal my sp01 tactical without issue.

I've been looking into those sleeves since it seems like a lot of people are putting those on them. Will that rub the skin on my belly raw?

Offline christak

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2019, 05:22:12 PM »
I'm going to iwb hip carry it. I have a athletic build with a wide upper body and can conceal my sp01 tactical without issue.

I've been looking into those sleeves since it seems like a lot of people are putting those on them. Will that rub the skin on my belly raw?

If you can conceal an SP-01 Tactical, you'll obviously have no issue with the Phantom. ...I don't see the need for the sleeve since the Phantom has the same feel as the steel frame 75 variants.

Offline bvia

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2019, 01:14:58 PM »

The dallas fort worth area in Texas

Howdy. Isn't Grab-A-Gun pretty local to you? Off east Beltline in Coppell and IIRC they allow walk-ins as they are a gun shop. They also show 4 SP01's in stock currently.
hth,
B

Offline CzWolz

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2019, 06:07:15 PM »
First place I checked lol. I was disappointed to find out they didnt have it available at their small storefront. They have a main warehouse where the mass of their inventory is stored

Offline bvia

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2019, 04:13:06 PM »
Bummer... >:( and thanks for the info. Shame they couldn't have brought on over to the storefront, but I guess I understand.
Thanks
B