Author Topic: I finally bit the proverbial bullet  (Read 195 times)

Offline rm06

I finally bit the proverbial bullet
« on: May 14, 2019, 02:08:43 PM »
And ordered up some parts from CGW for my P01. I have a Dawson FO front sight, RRK and Ultra Lite kit inbound (floating tigger pin and punch as well). I shoot a lot of S&W DA revolvers so the triggers on my CZs haven't really been an issue for me but I did call CGW to confirm my parts combinations were correct and they recommended the Ultra Lit kit so I'll give it a try.

I was at the range this weekend, anticipating some good times with the P01 and putting my new holster through it's paces when I went to fire my first shot and got a 'click'. And three subsequent tries resulted in the same outcome, no primer dimple, nothing. I put it back in the bag and shot another gun for the rest of the day and discovered when I got home that the firing pin retaining pin was pretty damaged, it looks like all the other broken ones on the 'net. Yes, I know the o-ring trick to cushion the hammer blow for dry firing but I guess I was lazy one too many times and paid the price.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to finally getting some upgrades done, I'm particularly excited about the trigger and new fiber optic front sight!

Offline adrian

Re: I finally bit the proverbial bullet
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 02:25:16 PM »
     Hiya and glad to hear you treating yourself to the upgrades. And least you are wise enough to bring more than one platform to the range,if one breaks.Be well.

anything