Author Topic: P10 Package  (Read 808 times)

Offline Matt101

P10 Package
« on: May 15, 2019, 11:38:56 PM »
What striker springs come in the P10 package?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Matt101

Re: P10 Package
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 04:19:15 AM »
Anyone? I want to place an order soon and the website isn?t clear (at least not to me). The CZC package comes with 3.5lb & 3.0lb springs but I can?t see what the Cajun package comes with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline copemech

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 08:33:42 PM »
The last I heard they were not changing them. That may have changed but I do not know.

Offline QuickDrawMcgraw

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 06:32:30 PM »
I have 3 P-10C pistols:

I received no striker spring with my CGW kit - I will be installing it this weekend on one of my P10C pistols.  I plan on using the stock striker spring.  Once installed and I like - I will be putting most of the CGW kit in all 3 of my P10C - it will depend on how I like the trigger compared to the HBI (I have 2xHBI triggers) - but I do want the new striker and all the other parts in each of my pistols.

I have a HBI trigger that came with 3 different striker springs on my most shot P10C - over 3.5k rounds.  Everything is stock except the HBI trigger - when I tried using one of their springs (don't remember which one - but the one suggested in their install video) I had nothing but issues...stove pipes and more.  I went back to the stock spring with the HBI trigger and it has worked flawless.

Offline Goju

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 11:12:05 PM »
I have 3 P-10C pistols:

I received no striker spring with my CGW kit - I will be installing it this weekend on one of my P10C pistols.  I plan on using the stock striker spring.  Once installed and I like - I will be putting most of the CGW kit in all 3 of my P10C - it will depend on how I like the trigger compared to the HBI (I have 2xHBI triggers) - but I do want the new striker and all the other parts in each of my pistols.

I have a HBI trigger that came with 3 different striker springs on my most shot P10C - over 3.5k rounds.  Everything is stock except the HBI trigger - when I tried using one of their springs (don't remember which one - but the one suggested in their install video) I had nothing but issues...stove pipes and more.  I went back to the stock spring with the HBI trigger and it has worked flawless.

I had been having a take down problem with my Gen 1 P10c - I bought it used and the previous owner had installed a HBI trigger. No other function problems. I traded emails with David at CGW about the issue. Without knowing what else the previous owner had done, he said it sounded like a striker spring issue. The HBI trigger comes with 4.3, 3.5 and 3lb springs; I checked the striker spring packaging and it looks like I have the 4.3 lb spring installed. David said that CGW does not sell reduced weight springs because they do not recommend them,  and he said that their experience is that when using striker springs @ less than 5 lbs, problems start occurring. He also said that if I needed a heavier spring, just order a Glock spring from Wolff.

Offline aflevine

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 03:36:43 PM »
If there were some way to "reliably" tune the P-10C, then CGW would be all over it.  From the reading I've now done, their kit goes to everything that can potentially fail or results in trigger bite. 

The P-10C design makes polishing a challenge.  I will still do this, if only to to tear the gun completely down and put it back together again, which is something I enjoy.