Author Topic: QUESTION: Has the 557 Varmint scope mount issue been resolved??  (Read 1163 times)

Offline roadcracks

• where I work
Has the 557 Varmint scope mount issue been resolved?? I am waiting for delivery of 557 Varmint chambered for 308 WIN that I just bought. Now that I read the problems of finding suitable rings it has made me a bit concerned, but the posts seem to be older than 2018. So does anyone know if this problem been resolved?

Has anyone put iron sites on the 557? The instruction manual I found on line shows the parts for iron sites. Anyone have any experience with this issue?
Too many things to do and not enough time.

Offline Gandalf

Re: QUESTION: Has the 557 Varmint scope mount issue been resolved??
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 10:55:05 AM »
Well, my varmint is a 527, not a 557, so not sure how much help this will be but on the Warne web site there is on the opening page a Warne Scope Mount reference guide that should help answer your main question.  I was looking for a mount for a Redfield 42mm and the Warne medium mount was a perfect fit...about 1/4in. clearance between the bolt and the sighting end of the scope and close to the same between the ocular end and the barrel.  It got me about as close to the barrel as was feasible.

https://warnescopemounts.com/warne-scope-mounts-dealer-reference-guide-v5/ 

anything