Author Topic: CZ SP-01 failed to load consistently on Remington UMC 9 mm from Wallymart  (Read 3467 times)

Offline BaconandBeer

That was the weird thing for me, 115 grain steel jacketed gave me 3 FTF in 200 rounds, but 147 grain brass jacketed hollow points gave me 7 FTFs in 28 rounds. But like I said, a good cleaning (but no excessive lube) and all was well. Mine has what feels like just a little hitch when I rack it. We?ll see what CGW has to say.

Offline adrian

Hiya CZzombie and thanks for the thread, not sure if you were coming back to rechime in on your thread, but think you answered the problem with the first reply. You had two brands of ammo that were flawless initially, tried a third and it kicked rocks, I don't think you have an issue for CGW to sort out. Just don't feed it something that gives it tummy aches and you headaches. If i ventured out to a new ammo I'd only purchase 50rds at a time to limit my loss. And was lucky that all my cz's ran on walmart federal, american eagle, flocci,and S&B, just fine. Unless there is suddenly the sandy hook ammo shortages you should be able to stay well stocked up on the brands that worked fine. I see no advantage to having your gun adjusted to shoot one brand on the off chance it won't shoot the original two brands after you "fixed" it. Be well.

Offline CZombie

Hey all, thanks for the responses!

I had no load issues today at the range.  I used a 100 pack of the Winchester White box FMJ.  It was the same magazine and I did not clean the gun beforehand.  My next trip to the range, I am going to try Winchester White box JHP.  I had never fired hollow point until my experience two weeks ago with Remington UMC.  The Winchester runs much cleaner.  BaconandBeer, I hope my 147 grain JHP Winchester experience is positive!  I'll let you know.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 06:21:27 PM by CZombie »

Offline larry8061

As a point of reference.  I have run a bunch of "inferior" loads thru my SP-01 (Tactical) with no problems. Freedom Munitions before they went under, I even tried the Russian garbage (WAY to dirty) and I deliberately buy "competition loads" which is a 147 bullet with a light load. Typically feed problems go back to what is classically labled limp wristing. However, it can be limp elbow or some manner of not supporting the recoil.

Offline recoilguy

Hey all, thanks for the responses!

I had no load issues today at the range.  I used a 100 pack of the Winchester White box FMJ.  It was the same magazine and I did not clean the gun beforehand.  My next trip to the range, I am going to try Winchester White box JHP.  I had never fired hollow point until my experience two weeks ago with Remington UMC.  The Winchester runs much cleaner.  BaconandBeer, I hope my 147 grain JHP Winchester experience is positive!  I'll let you know.

That is interesting WWB is the dirtiest ammo that wasn't made in Russia I have ever shot. I won't use it anymore.
Maybe things have changed. That would be good for all the WWB buyers out there.
Good luck and if it makes your gun work well keep feeding it that ammo as long as you can find it and it is accurate enough for you.

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline Amadeo395

I had a problem with 2 out of three guns using Reminington UMC 9mm. My Sig P320 M17 would fail to battery at times, and my Eagle would rapid fire or double fire. I know it wasn't me because using different ammo I never did that before. I thought the SIG might be because it was new but I used a different ammo first time out and it was flawless. No more Remington. I am going to try American Eagle next but if that is questionable I will go back to Magtech.

Offline waynescaggs

I had the problem with my SP-01 when I first bought it couldn't run a full magazine (didn't matter what ammo) through it without a FTF after I did everything I could and it being a new gun I sent it back to CZ they fixed it I have now ran over 800 rounds of different manufacturers ammo without a problem .

Offline CZombie

so I got around to going through a box of Winchester white box, hollow points, 50 rounds today.  Not a single failure!  I will steer clear from Remington UMC.  Thanks all. :)

Europe

Speaking of ammo.
I usually shoot s&b. They are ok for target shooting.
I tried also lapua 120grs. Quite pricey, but I did not see a big difference at the range.
The biggest dissapointment is geco 124grs manufactured in Hungary. Inconsistent disaster.

I stopped experimenting with hornady, magtech, nosler. There is no magic brand for me.

Offline BaconandBeer

I replaced the plastic guide rod with a cajun stainless steel (the OEM actually was bent), gave it a good cleaning and lube (I received it with a ton of old lube than ran over the side) and ran a ton of different of types of ammo through it--cabella's cheapest brass 115 grain, federal 138 grain syn-tech hollow points, and even the same Remington hollow points that caused so many FTFs. Not a single issue at all. As smooth and as accurate as I had hoped when I paid a pretty penny for it. Sent it off to CGW about a month ago and miss it soooo much.   

Offline bigdave24

Remington UMC has too short an OAL to work well with most CZ chambers.  The round tends to jam on the top of the chamber as the slide closes.

anything