Author Topic: Product Review: Frankford Arsenal "Lite" Rotary Tumbler  (Read 763 times)

Offline timetofly

Re: Product Review: Frankford Arsenal "Lite" Rotary Tumbler
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2019, 11:03:00 PM »
^^^^That  LOL

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2019, 05:46:30 AM »
After I get the brass out of the stainless pins/water/lemishine and separate the brass from the pins I always run it through the vibratory polisher with crushed walnut shell media.  That's where I put my Nufinish.  A capful, in the walnut shell media, every three or four runs (of the polisher, not the batch of brass).

I guess that also puts some of the "dust" back on the brass that many people say is beneficial to the resizing step (sort of a dry lubricant on the case walls).
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline eastman

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2019, 09:50:04 PM »
^^^^That  LOL

Winchester makes government contract .40 S&W 180gr FMJ training ammo with purple cases. Makes them easy to find and it does shoot well.

tdogg - do you have any pictures of that purple brass?
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline tdogg

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2019, 01:12:13 AM »
I looked but don't think I took any pictures.   It wasn't permanent, it would wipe off if you rubbed it.  Not sure what happened but I wouldn't recommend it.

Cheers,
Toby

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline double-d

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2019, 08:57:51 AM »
After I get the brass out of the stainless pins/water/lemishine and separate the brass from the pins I always run it through the vibratory polisher with crushed walnut shell media.  That's where I put my Nufinish.  A capful, in the walnut shell media, every three or four runs (of the polisher, not the batch of brass).

Same here

anything