Author Topic: Manticore Bullnose Forend Issue  (Read 850 times)

Offline russdiculous

Manticore Bullnose Forend Issue
« on: May 23, 2019, 10:22:30 AM »
So I started having an issue with my Manticore bullnose forend the other day and was wondering if anyone was in a similar boat. It appears that the slot the charging handle rides in does not line up exactly with the bolt, causing it to bind when charging. Specifically, it is sitting higher than the hole in the receiver for the bolt. I only noticed this when because when cleaning the forend had a little wobble, so I tightened up the barrel clamping block and the screws that mount the forend on the block. When I reassembled, the charging handle was hard to pull and slow to return to battery. I even took it off, examined it all, reattached, etc. When "loose", its fine, but when actually solidly attached, it binds.

Is this a known issue with the barrel clamp or just user error on my part?

Offline Manticore_Arms

Re: Manticore Bullnose Forend Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 12:37:24 PM »
This is the first we have ever heard of this happening.  Make sure you haven't somehow torqued the forend over to one side or the other.

We don't make the Bullnose forend anymore (going to a new model of mounting design) but we have a couple of old mounting blocks left over, and I am happy to send one to you if you want to swap it out and see if that makes a difference.

Just send an email to info (at) manticorearms (dot) com and I can drop it in the mail.

Sven
President
Manticore Arms

P.S.  if you ever have an issue with our product....try contacting us first.  We are the guys who make it, and a public forum is not normally the best place to get answers, it just happens I was here and saw your post.  ;)

Offline russdiculous

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 01:51:37 PM »
I'll send you some pics this evening of it and let you see if its the mount or not.

Offline russdiculous

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 06:27:58 PM »
It must have been user error - I took the factory one off (again) and the bullnose back on and no issues! I don't know what the issue was before but I couldn't reproduce it, even after tightening down the mount as much as the Allen wrenches could do. Apologies to Sven, this is my favorite Scorpion forend and I'm sad it's no longer available.

Bonus pics: https://imgur.com/a/LVZPhib

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 02:59:31 PM »
It will be going back into production, just with a slightly updated mounting block system.  :)

Glad it all work out! 

Sven
Manticore Arms

anything