Author Topic: Why did you pick either a P-07 or P-09?  (Read 4567 times)

Offline Metal Wonder Nine Guy

Why did you pick either a P-07 or P-09?
« on: June 02, 2019, 03:14:37 PM »
So between these two polymer pistols, what made you pick a P-07 or P-09 over the other? I know the P-09 is  larger, has more rounds and a bigger grip and the P07 is more of a compact weapon.

Offline Jav_eee

Re: Why did you pick either a P-07 or P-09?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 03:21:06 PM »
I picked my 07 because I liked my 09 so much and wanted something a little smaller for daily carry. I got the 09 at a pawn shop for $325 and fell in love with it. My 09 has been on nightstand duty ever since I got the 07.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Kelsw

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 03:44:23 PM »
My carry is a shield 9 mm stock 1.0 . All my other pistols are HD or range plinkers . I prefer full size pistols . No use for a compacts as I don't do on body carry . I put Night Fision sights on my P-09 (internals all stock) and it works like a charm . I have the safety on it as I usually stick to SA mode when shooting it . The SA is nice and light enough for me .  Most people go with a P-07 for carry vs a P-09 .

Offline ARP

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 04:06:27 PM »
Yes.

P-09 was my first CZ. Capacity was reason 1. Full sized plus combat pistol. Customizing with backstraps (5 years ago), safety or decock option. And lastly polymer hammer fired.

Yesterday I picked up a P-07, od green with a kadet kit for $550. I wanted a compact hammer fired pistol that was a bit safer than a striker fired conceal piece. Last summer I picked up a Shield which is fine for carry, looked heavily at a Beretta px4 in urban grey, was ready to buy and then noticed a big scratch on the slide, broke deal. Bought the Shield instead. When I consider which gun I shoot the most, it is my P0-9 in .22lr format. When the used P0-7 kadet kit became avail, no brainer.

Offline radagast

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 04:45:54 PM »
     Fired quite a few pistols before the CZs, and had to travel 150 miles to try the P07 and P09. I actually shot the P09 a little better, but liked the feel of the P07. Might have just been the balance point, but it was enough. Capacity may have swayed me if I was in The Land of the Free, but NJ made that point moot !  Wife bought one in ODG a year later !   
"Let there be light"  and there was muzzle flash !

Offline timetofly

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 05:18:46 PM »
The P-07 and P-09 were on my wish list when I lived in CA.  Once I left CA and got settled I knocked both off of my list in a matter of months.  At this point in time, I wouldn't change my decision to buy either. 
All of life’s journeys begin by putting one foot in front of the other.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2019, 09:21:31 PM »
I was shelving the M&Ps (poor accuracy and reliability issues) and was looking for something to replace the M&Ps (which had replaced XDMs which had replaced Glocks which had replaced a Browning which replaced my 1911s).

I saw a P07 DUTY in .40 S&W (this was 7 or 8 years ago??  time flies).  My very first thought was "buy the P07 in .40 S&W and then buy a .357 SIG barrel for it.  Getting .357 SIG barrels for other brands/models of .40's wasn't too difficult.  Not so for the P07.  Have one made, sent the pistol off to have it fitted, etc., etc. but I couldn't just order one and install it when it came in.

Then I shot it.  NO way, NO way was I going to do anything to mess up a pistol that shot groups like this.  NO.  WAY.

13 rounds.  Just over 12 yds.  off hand. 135 grain Nosler HPs on top of a compressed charge of Blue Dot powder.  The single one low to the right was a surprise to me.  No idea why/what happened.  The single off low left was the last shot of the 13.  There was a dang big bumble bee hovering in front of the target and I thought I take a shot at it (another shot with no witnesses) and I missed it.

My next CZ was a 9MM P09.  Based on the combination of the accuracy, reliability, feel in my hand of the P07 .40 and some of Joe's 100 and 200 yd. P09 9Mm you tube videos.

I was not disappointed.  The P09 is even more accurate than the P07.

The P07 remains my primary concealed carry pistol to this day.  Wore it home to WV this past weekend and back to VA today.

I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2019, 09:25:02 PM »
A P-07 will most likely follow me home some day next week.....
The last time I went to the gun store to buy one - I came home with a Cajunized P-01.
I still want a P-07 though.

Offline SSGN_Doc

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2019, 08:43:14 AM »
I picked the P07, because the size just seemed right for both shooting and carrying.  The P07 is about Glock 19 sized, and that was the pistol the P07 was targeted to replace.  I?ve found I tend to shoot, carry and use handguns in this size range more than bigger pistols or more compact pistols.  The big ones don?t seem to pack quite as easy, and the tiny guns don?t handle as well, for me.

So, for me the P07 is just in that Goldilocks zone as far as size goes.  Not too big, not too small, but just right.  Preferences are differen5 for everyone though, but the P07 meets mine.

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2019, 09:12:18 AM »
I got my P07 first due to size for carry purposes. Then I picked up the P09. For general shooting I prefer the P09 for sure. It is amazing. If I had to pick one and was not worried about carry, the P09 would be then one.

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2019, 12:33:47 PM »
Got both. I have carried the P-09 but the P-07 is easier to conceal.
Both feel good in the hand and shoot great.
"1776" - Part II

Offline lewmed

• 135th & 240th AHC Vietnam 1967-1968
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2019, 02:15:49 PM »
 My P07 was my first CZ I bought it to replace a Glock 19 mos that I called my Glock POS the only thing I remember liking about that Glock was selling it. My P07 has been problem free and a joy to shoot I now own 5 CZ pistols. I have no need for a P09 if I want to shoot a full size 9mm I'll shoot my SP01.

Offline Bigkev

Why did you pick either a P-07 or P-09?
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2019, 02:20:57 PM »
The P-07 is my one and only CZ. Bought it because I liked the look of the OD green frame and the fact that it came with night sights too. Never laid a hand on one before. Did my due diligence and researched the heck out of it and then took a stab in the dark and ordered one. Not something I would do ordinarily, but I lucked out. I put the 07 dead nuts even with my Browning high power as a favorite gun. The 07 is by far my go to carry gun, it?s reliable, incredibly accurate and fairly comfortable to carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline seebee62

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2019, 09:30:02 PM »
I picked the P07 because I was looking for a compact DA/SA at mid level price and being polymer the weight would be along the lines of my polymer strikers that I carry.

When I carry my P07 it?s usually with the 15+2 mag still very concealable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Yoni

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2019, 06:22:15 AM »
I looked at them because friends of mine who are very serious lads once they got out of the army all became big P07/09 fans.

That got me looking then I got my P07 CGW, and it is love forever.

anything