Author Topic: CZ USA warranty turnaround time?? Experiences??  (Read 394 times)

Offline critter99

CZ USA warranty turnaround time?? Experiences??
« on: June 05, 2019, 03:20:22 PM »
Well ran 500-600 rounds thru new Shadow 2 the trigger did not improve excessive camming back and on aborted shots sear did not return to full engagement.  free play, a wall, a second wall then a break.

So disappointed have Philippine made 1911 with better out of box trigger.  Expected more from a full MSRP $1349 price point.

I will give them a chance under warranty then if not better CZC Comp hammer or a CGW hammer

Whats the experience out there on pistol warranty turnaround time ?

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: CZ USA warranty turnaround time?? Experiences??
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 08:00:07 PM »
I've only sent back one, a P01 Omega that had a bad front tritium sight.  Ten days from me handing it to the FEDEX guy and me getting it back from CZ USA.  That included the 3 days FEDEX "lost" the slide in a Maryland warehouse on it's way to CZ USA.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline critter99

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 09:16:21 PM »
Thanks  alot better than the standard reply I had been sent of 4-6 weeks turnaround time.

Plan A: I am hoping it come back ready to go with a smooth trigger action without multiple walls and no reset of sear to hammer engagement on an aborted shot

Plan B:  Replacement CZC or CGW hammer with competition style notches on hammer

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 09:33:12 PM »
I sent my P10C in for warranty work. I was quoted 5-6 weeks, I think they shipped my replacement gun at the 5 week mark.

Offline thedude

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 10:27:18 PM »
My experience is they say it takes 5-6 weeks and it does. 

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 05:46:25 AM »
critter 99, I have no experience with the CZ Custom hammers but a race hammer and adjustable sear from Cajun Gun Works makes for an awesome SA trigger pull.  Never shoot mine in DA so I can't say much about that.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline andrew1220

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 10:26:53 AM »
I had my S2 sent back for the frame cracking issue (first generation/older 2016 model) and it's currently back with Cajun at the moment. It was right around 6 weeks.

Offline critter99

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2019, 01:15:20 PM »
 :o i was really hoping this was a quick fix ...looks like it will be the BIG UNKNOWN as far as turnaround

Offline ZombieRecon

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 10:19:55 AM »
Sent one back and it took 4-5 weeks. Also sent one back once and it took a week, however they emailed me about a month after I received that one and asked if I was going to send it in!!! Kinda made me glad I got my gun back and it didn't get lost somewhere!!!

Offline critter99

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 08:18:09 PM »
its going to be a long torturous wait.  Sucks getting a new toy with basically an out of box failure and not getting an exchange but a 4-6 week wait.  :'(  Only in the firearms industry  :o would this fly on that expensive of a product.  Shadow2 is not the low end model.

I just hope the trigger comes back with no multiple walls and I didn't waste the time and end up with the CGW kit anyways   

Offline critter99

My luck sucks they will replace it it seems... so another FFL fee and hope for a good one this time  :o

This is a status update regarding Return Authorization WAR?????????

Item: 91257 - CZ SHADOW 2 9MM BLACK POLYCOAT BLUE GRIPS 3X17RD

Serial Number:

Description: trigger issue

It has been determined that your firearm will need to be replaced. This usually takes 4-6 weeks from date received. However, depending on availablility it may take longer. Please allow us this time to concentrate on your firearm. You will continue to receive weekly email status updates until the replacement is complete.