Author Topic: light strikes FTF- odyssey of a kadet  (Read 64783 times)

Offline joerchi69

Re: light strikes FTF- odyssey of a kadet
« Reply #210 on: August 04, 2020, 03:20:48 PM »
You can also try Tanfoglio sear spring, it is little stiffer than CZ one.
Hi Andres,
thanks again. That thought is new to me. You have some fundamental interactive knowledge !

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #211 on: October 09, 2020, 05:14:45 PM »
Yesterday i shot the clubs tournament in 3 disziplines. Two and one handed with the CZ75 SP-01 Shadow with the 9mm barrel. Also one handed with the conversion into the .22lr Kadet on 25 meters using CCI SV ammo, with no issues.
Setting in the CZ was the 17lb hammer spring, tactical sports hammer, regular length recoil spring, the modified FP 4 and the new light FPspring (0,32mm/ 0,0125inch; 3,48mm/ 0,137inch; 29mm/ 1,150inch)
Later i had time to try the first time one box each of Aguilla and S&B. Both ran fine. One light strike with the Sellier&Bellot, wich needed a additional second and third strike to fire. The Aguilla seems less waxy than the other two types. But the burning smells like super glue. The S&B shows fire when leaving the barrel.

Shooting also a theme somehow on my this years motorcycle tour

Old school steel twisting barrel making method (museum)

old and corrodet double shotgun barrel (museum)

Bow and arrow clouds having an coffee break
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 04:43:58 AM by Wobbly »

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #212 on: October 09, 2020, 06:26:09 PM »
Bow and arrow clouds having an coffee break
https://i.imgur.com/wI3Yyhl.jpg[/img]

Very cool Pic Joe

Waxy Lead .... can't say I've ever used them in any of my Semi Autos
Sounds like you've just about got the KADET sorted-out though
You've really put in the overtime on this   8)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 04:44:22 AM by Wobbly »
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline eastman

« Reply #213 on: October 09, 2020, 09:21:58 PM »
the superglue smell is just part of the fun with Aguila .22 ammo. The other part of the fun is that they work very reliably.

Moka pots work great on camping stoves. I use one on a Coleman stove.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #214 on: October 28, 2020, 09:26:48 AM »
the superglue smell is just part of the fun with Aguila .22 ammo. The other part of the fun is that they work very reliably.

Hi Eastman,
thanks for the info - i am looking forward to proof the reliability of the Aguila on the range in my Kadet.
Greets
Jörg

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #215 on: October 28, 2020, 10:13:35 AM »

Waxy Lead .... can't say I've ever used them in any of my Semi Autos
Sounds like you've just about got the KADET sorted-out though
You've really put in the overtime on this   8)

Yes Den,
it looks like the main part to get my Kadet system running is done.
I would like to swap the ejector to a new, only slightly filed. To get a better ejection timing. But i need some sort of press and it is not urgent.
In the eyes of experiancing a critical undersupply of learning gunsmithing operations -
mercifully some odd and may be broken looking parts came out of the Rossi 92 Puma .44 Rem Mag when starting disasembling and cleaning it. (Had a look in the gift horses mouth.) In a first quick research i found many smoothing manuals of Rossi owners. And hints for a worldwide shortage for purchasing the easy breaking extractors as a spare part.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 11:12:33 AM by joerchi69, Reason: .. »

Offline Joe L

« Reply #216 on: October 28, 2020, 02:26:39 PM »
joerchi69--When I first saw the museum rifle tools and before I read the caption, I thought you had found some of my Kadet parts!
Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #217 on: October 28, 2020, 06:37:13 PM »
I would like to swap the ejector to a new, only slightly filed. To get a better ejection timing. But i need some sort of press and it is not urgent.
In the eyes of experiencing a critical undersupply of learning gunsmithing operations
Hey Joe:
I believe all you need is the correct Pin Punch to push out the Ejector's Retaining Pin and a Drift Punch to push the Ejetor out to the rear of its Dovetailed Slot
Then a Full Faced Punch to drive the new Ejector back into place
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline Joe L

« Reply #218 on: October 28, 2020, 07:08:37 PM »
Hey Joe:
I believe all you need is the correct Pin Punch to push out the Ejector's Retaining Pin and a Drift Punch to push the Ejetor out to the rear of its Dovetailed Slot
Then a Full Faced Punch to drive the new Ejector back into place

Den is correct here.  Just be very careful not to apply any bending forces to the ejector.  It is very brittle and will not bend, it will snap off. 

I moved my original ejector to a new barrel when I installed it a couple of years ago.

Joe
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 07:04:52 AM by Joe L »
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #219 on: October 29, 2020, 12:05:34 AM »
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 04:44:42 AM by Wobbly »

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #220 on: October 31, 2020, 04:28:05 PM »
Thanks to you folks for the installment advices. I appreciate that very much, indeed.
I will report when i went on with that. Looking forward.
Greets Joe

Offline st.attila

« Reply #221 on: December 23, 2020, 08:13:53 AM »
Thanks for sharing this journey in such great detail.  I know it was not embarked upon intentionally.

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #222 on: January 26, 2021, 08:57:24 AM »
Welcome ! Detailed description is getting the pro`s in the boat. Their help led to success. Wich can not be enjoyed because of months and months of lockdown here in Germoney.. quite a 1984 style of odyssey for freedom for all the peoples of the world, i guess.  ::)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 03:50:16 PM by joerchi69, Reason: r »

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #223 on: May 02, 2021, 11:28:34 AM »
First range training day this year. Last was more than a half year ago.. guess why  ::)
Did some dry fire and SCATT training at home so it was not too desastrous. But far away from former outcomes.
The kadet however showed 100 % reliability in igniting 4 different sorts of ammo. Cant rate accuracy of the ammo because of my not available groups.
The setting in the CZ was as last time in oktober, the 17lb hammer spring, tactical sports hammer, regular length recoil spring, the modified FP 4 and the new light FPspring (0,32mm/ 0,0125inch; 3,48mm/ 0,137inch; 29mm/ 1,150inch).
Circa with shot number 280, loaded the days fastest/strongest ammo CCI select 1200 FPS, the FP plopped against my chest indicating to stop, not move the feet and lighthousing around to radar the ground leveld parts. Lengthened the FPspring a little bevore assembling and proceeding. So i revalue that wire dia as the very minimum or less, in the moment, in that Kadet.

S&B,CCI SV, Aguila

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #224 on: May 19, 2021, 02:52:31 AM »
Past sunday the Kadet also gave me a troublefree experience with three packages of Sellier&Bellot (Standard LRN 40grs. 2.5g). It leaves the same amount of residue in the gun as the CCI SV. With one last shot of a mag the slide didn`t lock back. Which was pobably me, touching the slide with the left thumb with the two hand grip.
The new lens in my 2hand shooting glasses shows the sights clearly effortless now, what is a big relief for my dominant eye. Bought two used shooting glasses frames and found an optometrist not far away who is a sportshooter and skilled to measure it right. He uses a fully adjustable shooting glasses clip on frame to fine tune with different caliberd glases - at the same time i am aiming with the gun. Because of the different stance and head/eye position the glas would need repositioning in its orientation towards the sights, when changing the feet position. So hopefully i will have adjusted shooting glases for the one and two hand stance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_glasses
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 03:40:01 AM by joerchi69, Reason: mag »

anything