Author Topic: New cz p10c owner need advice to milling done.  (Read 216 times)

Offline david8613

New cz p10c owner need advice to milling done.
« on: June 11, 2019, 05:29:41 PM »
Hello everyone new cz p10c suppressor ready owner here. I have a holosun 507c ready to install on her. I was gonna keep the OEM suppressor hight sights and just install the holosun in front if it, but for some reason it doesn't look correct in that config see pic below. Now I need to know the benefits of iron sights in front of or in back of red dot. Lastly where can I get quality work done at a good price. I also would like advice on a good compensator that works with no problems.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 05:57:22 PM by david8613 »

Offline earlan357

Re: New cz p10c owner need advice to milling done.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 06:51:14 PM »
Since the optic takes priority, I prefer the optic behind the iron sights.  They provide some protection for the optic window and they don't block the dot on a bad presentation, the dot simply floats superimposed on top of the rear sight blade.  Plus, with no sharp edge at the rear of the slide, the irons don't poke little mouse holes in my CCW shirts.  JagerWerks does it best if you want irons forward.  The placement is as far back as it can go while staying even with the bottom of the factory rear sight cut, and the Glock dovetail has lots of options and doesn't block the extractor pin hole.  My fave is a the Ameriglo GL-408 .360" rear with a Dawson front.  ~.280" is probably a good front height to start with.

More details here:
http://minivandoorgunner.blogspot.com/2017/10/cz-p-10c-jagerwerks-rmr-cut.html

Also, Aaron Cowan of Sage Dynamics has a great video regarding iron sight placement.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 06:49:34 PM »
http://primarymachine.com/
 they do some very nice tight work for putting in an RMR. Top quality.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline david8613

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 06:53:35 PM »
Thank you so much for that. I agree that config with iron sights in front sounds logical. I think I will go that route. Who is the most cost effective but with decent work. I want to go with the basics just mill slide nitride to protect metal and sight in front of red dot? Nothing fancy. Do you think its absolutely necessary to put more serrations, lightening cuts or pockets to save weight and help slide cycle? I have the suppressor ready cz p10c model, born on date 11/2018.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 08:24:21 PM »
 I don't own a P10 so I can't speak to your particular pistol
 but I do know primary machine did a fantastic job on my PO 9. I would go back to them any day for any work I would be considering. And I think their prices are reasonable, I don't like to overpay either.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 09:55:21 PM »
Thank you so much for that. I agree that config with iron sights in front sounds logical. I think I will go that route. Who is the most cost effective but with decent work. I want to go with the basics just mill slide nitride to protect metal and sight in front of red dot? Nothing fancy. Do you think its absolutely necessary to put more serrations, lightening cuts or pockets to save weight and help slide cycle? I have the suppressor ready cz p10c model, born on date 11/2018.
I've had two slides milled for optics. My P10C was done by Jager Werks. I went with them over PM because Jager offered front serrations and PM didn't. I paid the extra to have the slide nitrided and had top and chamfer serrations done, glock dovetail in front of the RMR. Quality, price, and turnaround were all good. That said, I wouldn't do the front serrations again even though they look good. Lightning cuts are unnecessary as well. Lightening cuts may change felt recoil and I was happy with the way the gun handled before modifying so I didn't want to risk it.
 My 75 slide was milled by PM for a Vortex Venom. I didn't have it coated or nitrided as it will be blued to match the frame. I will say this, PM mills to fit your particular optic so the fit is tighter than the one I had done by Jager. I'm going to do an S2 next, it's going to PM.

Offline david8613

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 11:11:28 AM »
Can you go into more detail why you would not do front serrations again? I thought the serrations, pockets and windows were neccessary so the gun functions properly having the added weight of the optics?

anything