Author Topic: Sarsilmaz spare parts  (Read 242 times)

Offline Rcher

Sarsilmaz spare parts
« on: June 11, 2019, 05:39:49 PM »
While the future of sar-usa.com is unknown I'm looking for after-market Sarsilmaz compatible spare parts, in particular:

(1) Springs
   (a) recoil springs (already tried Wolff recoil springs for Witness) - should be fine
   (b) hammer springs - haven't tried yet, but I suppose Witness (short spring) should fit
   (c) trigger springs ???? Have no idea

(2) Slide stop - that's the biggest question ??? Looks like every CZ or Witness model has it's own.
I tried used slide stop for Witness small polymer frame - it's wider (polymer frame is thicker than SAR steel frame) and it doesn't lock on the last round.
Using this as a "range slide stop", protecting original from excessive wear, but good to have another compatible slide stop.

(3) Triggers/Hammers - ???

Offline win308

Re: Sarsilmaz spare parts
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 12:07:47 PM »
In trying to smooth the B6p trigger, my son dry fired his trigger several hundred times until the trigger return spring broke at the dog leg. A spare Tanfoglio small frame trigger return spring  fit perfectly and the gun runs fine now.  I would say for the B6p, all springs for the Tanfoglio small frame (with the polymer frame) would would fit the SAR.

Offline himurax13

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 07:39:32 PM »
In trying to smooth the B6p trigger, my son dry fired his trigger several hundred times until the trigger return spring broke at the dog leg. A spare Tanfoglio small frame trigger return spring  fit perfectly and the gun runs fine now.  I would say for the B6p, all springs for the Tanfoglio small frame (with the polymer frame) would would fit the SAR.
You could have also used a CZ75 trigger return spring and sear spring. A 14 lb wolf tanfoglio hammer spring would drop the weight down as well.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Offline rabble_rouser

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 12:53:30 AM »
It sounds overdone, but watch Ebay. I bought a complete B6P compact slide assembly from there last year so parts do show up.
"Never frighten a little man. He'll kill you." -- Robert Heinlein

Offline eagle-eye

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 08:47:07 PM »
I picked up a B6P compact recently. I was looking for extra mags for it. I got a CZ compact 14rd mag at the store I bought the gun at, it fits and locks back the slide. Yesterday, I found a MecGar 15rd mag for the CZ compact. It fits too, just sticks out about half an inch, and locks the slide back. I haven't had a chance to shoot in awhile so I haven't function tested either of them yet.
I saw the SAR-USA site recently and noticed it didn't list mags or parts at all. The feel of this gun is really nice and it is worth keeping around. I hope SAR is listening and addresses the issue of parts availability.

Offline redhawkone

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:35:24 AM »
Greg Cote has them