Author Topic: Sarsilmaz spare parts  (Read 531 times)

Offline Rcher

Sarsilmaz spare parts
« on: June 11, 2019, 05:39:49 PM »
While the future of sar-usa.com is unknown I'm looking for after-market Sarsilmaz compatible spare parts, in particular:

(1) Springs
   (a) recoil springs (already tried Wolff recoil springs for Witness) - should be fine
   (b) hammer springs - haven't tried yet, but I suppose Witness (short spring) should fit
   (c) trigger springs ???? Have no idea

(2) Slide stop - that's the biggest question ??? Looks like every CZ or Witness model has it's own.
I tried used slide stop for Witness small polymer frame - it's wider (polymer frame is thicker than SAR steel frame) and it doesn't lock on the last round.
Using this as a "range slide stop", protecting original from excessive wear, but good to have another compatible slide stop.

(3) Triggers/Hammers - ???

Hard times create strong men,
Strong men create good times,
Good times create weak men,
Weak men create hard times.

Offline win308

Re: Sarsilmaz spare parts
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 12:07:47 PM »
In trying to smooth the B6p trigger, my son dry fired his trigger several hundred times until the trigger return spring broke at the dog leg. A spare Tanfoglio small frame trigger return spring  fit perfectly and the gun runs fine now.  I would say for the B6p, all springs for the Tanfoglio small frame (with the polymer frame) would would fit the SAR.

Offline himurax13

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 07:39:32 PM »
In trying to smooth the B6p trigger, my son dry fired his trigger several hundred times until the trigger return spring broke at the dog leg. A spare Tanfoglio small frame trigger return spring  fit perfectly and the gun runs fine now.  I would say for the B6p, all springs for the Tanfoglio small frame (with the polymer frame) would would fit the SAR.
You could have also used a CZ75 trigger return spring and sear spring. A 14 lb wolf tanfoglio hammer spring would drop the weight down as well.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Offline rabble_rouser

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 12:53:30 AM »
It sounds overdone, but watch Ebay. I bought a complete B6P compact slide assembly from there last year so parts do show up.
"Never frighten a little man. He'll kill you." -- Robert Heinlein

Offline eagle-eye

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 08:47:07 PM »
I picked up a B6P compact recently. I was looking for extra mags for it. I got a CZ compact 14rd mag at the store I bought the gun at, it fits and locks back the slide. Yesterday, I found a MecGar 15rd mag for the CZ compact. It fits too, just sticks out about half an inch, and locks the slide back. I haven't had a chance to shoot in awhile so I haven't function tested either of them yet.
I saw the SAR-USA site recently and noticed it didn't list mags or parts at all. The feel of this gun is really nice and it is worth keeping around. I hope SAR is listening and addresses the issue of parts availability.

Offline redhawkone

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 09:35:24 AM »
Greg Cote has them

Offline Rcher

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 03:44:13 PM »
When I started this thread I didn't mean magazines (Mec-Gar magazines for CZ-75 or EAA Witness are available from multiple sellers).
Wolff recoil springs also should work.

But things like trigger spring or slide stop will break eventually, so I'd like to have them in stock.
Also, having after market triggers/hammers would be beneficial too.

I checked craigslist and some other sources for "used" spare parts, but they are overpriced as for "used" and what's the reason to buy used parts when their quality/depreciation state is unknown. Especially for things which can break.
Hard times create strong men,
Strong men create good times,
Good times create weak men,
Weak men create hard times.

Offline John A.

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2019, 05:14:08 PM »
I bought a bunch of spare parts from the previous importer.  EAA?  Tristar??  I don't really recall now.  It's been several years ago, but they were expensive. 

Numrich may have some parts.  CDNN may also have some parts ???
When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you end up with ignorant gun laws.

Offline HollowDawg

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 02:07:32 PM »
Maybe contact Sarsilmaz overseas(Turkey) and see if they can send simple things like springs etc without gun import laws getting involved. Also might find a Euro source willing to sell parts since Sar is sold in Europe. Such is often dependent on which particlar country they are sitting in.

anything