Author Topic: Shootingsight trigger is released, feedback?  (Read 4094 times)

Offline Asylum9

Shootingsight trigger is released, feedback?
« on: June 12, 2019, 01:17:08 AM »
I see the shootingsight trigger has been released.  ;) Does anyone have any feedback on them yet? Pricing seems reasonable as long as it delivers. The drop in currently shows oos.
If you're not familiar with them they can be found here https://shootingsight.com/product-category/scorpion/

Does the factory trigger bow work and does it include a reduced weight trigger spring or is that an add on?
ApIII%

Offline SilentRecon

Re: Shootingsight trigger is released, feedback?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 01:44:25 AM »
Im curious if Black Collar firearms sold them the rights to that trigger.  It was called the Scorpitrol and they made a small batch of these before they abruptly stopped selling them. They never gave a reason why and I asked a few times. It is 100% identical to that drop in trigger pack. Even down to the colors and material used. They came out with it last year and I have no idea how long these have been out with this new company. I was lucky to snag one of the Scorpitrol triggers during the preorder and its FANTASTIC. not even comparable to anything out there. If it's anything like mine, your in for a nice surprise and upgrade!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline cavegeo

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 07:33:59 AM »
My understanding is that he designed and builds these triggers and that he just sold some to Scorpitrol.  I suspect that once he gets the cages from CZ that you will see both companies selling triggers again.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 10:03:18 AM by cavegeo »

Offline shootingsight

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 01:50:42 AM »
To answer the questions, this trigger was designed and manufactured by ShootingSight.  We were, and are, exploring a cooperation with Black Collar to market them, so they sold a small pre-production batch, and might start selling them in the future.

ShootingSight is selling this trigger direct, today.  We started shipping the kits to allow a rebuild of the existing cage a few weeks ago, and had been waiting for the cages to come in from CZ.  As of a few days ago, we have all the parts, so the drop-in cages are shipping as well.

So for those few who were able to snag one of the pre-production batch sold through Black Collar, those were indeed the first few to market.  Now that I have hit full production, the trigger I am selling is the production version of what Black Collar was selling. Testing has suggested that while there is no measurable difference between the Black Collar pre-production version and the production version by ShootingSight, attractive women think guys shooting the ShootingSight version are MUCH more appealing ....

In the meantime, as of early June, we are shipping complete drop-in trigger assemblies, and anticipate that people will begin posting feedback in the next week or so.  So by about early July you should start seeing feedback on how good these triggers are.  Hint: they are pretty darn good (from a biased opinion).

These are designed with the same boss on the bottom to accept a trigger bow.  They ship without a trigger bow, so when you install it, you will re-use the factory bow, or will be able to re-use any after-market upgrade you have installed.

These come with all the springs necessary and will reduce trigger pull down to 4.5 - 5.0lb, with about a 50/50 split between first and second stage loading.  Second stage is solid, and there is almost zero felt creep.  Reset is short and snappy.

I also sell the trigger spring alone.  If you drop that into a factory pack, it will reduce trigger pull to about 6lb.  Not as low as many sport shooters prefer, but there is a small market of people who use these guns in a true tactical sense (ie when the 'targets' are shooting back), and with that much adrenaline you do not want a light trigger.  That spring in my trigger pack delivers 4.5 to 5lb because all my sear surfaces are polished and NiB coated, so sear friction is lower.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 11:30:30 AM by shootingsight »

Offline Guitarsandbikes

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 10:37:11 PM »
My ShootingSight trigger arrived today. I?ll let you know what I think after I go to the range this weekend!

Offline shootingsight

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 02:05:00 AM »
Also, be sure to document how many attractive women hit on you while you were evaluating it.

Offline czfan12

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 07:18:21 AM »
Also, be sure to document how many attractive women hit on you while you were evaluating it.

Make sure you do not wear a Three Wolf Moon T-shirt while testing!  Doing so may skew the results.    ;)

Offline Mr.E.G.

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 02:57:34 PM »
Hahaha.

Offline shootingsight

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2019, 03:00:44 PM »
BTW, my 'trigger' does not actually include a trigger, so perhaps I ought to call it a Fire Control Group, or Assembly.  So if you are counting 922R parts, my 'FCG' includes a sear and a hammer, so that is 2 items on the list.  If you add a US made trigger bow, that makes your total 3 parts.

Offline Guitarsandbikes

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 04:03:07 PM »
Shot today and, no surprise, the ShootingSight trigger pack is awesome.  Smooth with a light break.  For use on a home defense weapon, it is too light for my taste but at the range it is a champ. 

I may be a little biased, I also have a ShootingSight TAV-D trigger pack in my Tavor.  You might say I'm a fan of their product.

Offline shootingsight

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2019, 12:20:09 AM »
Thanks for the review.

My trigger spring is lighter than the OEM.  I have not tried it (but will tomorrow), but if you build my trigger using the OEM trigger spring, you will be higher than 5lb, though lower than the factory because of the polishing and NiB coating on the sears.  So I'll get data eventually, but if you want heavier, you can do that.

I ran into a similar concern with the Tavor.  4.5lb seems like a good spot for sport shooters, but for real tactical use (ie, when the targets are shooting back), the Adrenalin is so high that something closer to 6lb is better.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2019, 07:06:34 AM »
How much does your fcg reduce overall travel and reset?

Offline shootingsight

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2019, 10:07:17 AM »
Overall travel from rest to overtravel stop isn't much different, as these are partially driven by the design of the safety cam.  What is different is that because I made the second stage much more crisp, it is about 75-80% 1st stage takeup, and then only about 0.040" of travel in the 2-nd stage (creep), while the factory trigger has a bump in the middle of its travel, and then so much creep that you can feel to movement of your finger, so you don't really know when the hammer is going to break.

On reset, I estimate mine has about a 30% shorter reset, however this is difficult to measure, as you never know where to start from.  The logical place is starting from where the trigger hits the overtravel limit, which is where I measured the 30% from, however most shooters I have talked to do not pull all the way up to the overtravel stop when they shoot, so the reset on mine feels a lot shorter than just 30% lower.

Offline SilentRecon

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2019, 01:05:15 PM »
I'm not bashing your work because it looks really nice and well thought out and made, but what is the goal of having a 2 stage trigger on a 9mm carbine? 

I always saw 2 stage triggers being more useful to long range precision work, which the 9mm obviously is not.
I have the Scorpitrol which ShootingSight made. Most triggers are 2 stage including home defense, law enforcement etc.. but vary on lbs between stages. Everyone has different preferences but a 2 stage can also be a lifesaver when you are engaging a target and maybe should not take a shot. It gives the shooter a split second to reconsider in some situations whereas a light single stage does not. Single stages for competition shooting is a different application and some just prefer them anyways. Regardless you can shoot a 2 stage just as fast. This fire control pack is not comparable to anything else available for the Scorpion and night and day better than Spring changes. I would not make this trigger any heavier and is perfect IMO. This is the top modification I've done to my scorpion hands down. A+ mod.

Offline SilentRecon

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2019, 01:31:49 PM »
Most triggers are 2 stage including home defense, law enforcement etc.

I'm sorry, but I can't really think of any factory firearms off the top of my head that have 2 stage triggers that are marketed or sold in factory guns for HD.

I may be wrong and it certainly wouldn't be the first time, but I am not able to recall any at the moment.
I'm talking about aftermarket triggers like geissele etc.. Factory triggers are garbage comparable to what they can be replaced with. I would not compare a factory trigger to an aftermarket as most are indeed single stage but heavy, gritty and lackluster at best. Factory OEM triggers on most (not all) are designed to be the way they are to appease the requirements of "self defense". If you pulled the trigger, you knew you were pulling it.

With drop in replacement aftermarket triggers, a true crisp single stage is NOTHING like a OEM factory single stage. Therefore when deciding on a replacement, many like the 2 stage idea- not all.