CZ PISTOL CLUBS > CLUB CZ97

M7 holster for my 97B

(1/1)

hammer_fired:
I had hoped that my 97B would fit in the El Paso Saddlery 1942 Tanker that I already had for my 1911, but it was a bit too small.

Nobody seemed to make a M3 or M7 holster specifically for the 97B, but the M7 available from World War Supply was reviewed as being a one size fits all holster, and one reviewer said his 97B fit, so I decided to give it a try.

As it comes, it has kind of a tear drop shaped opening, and I couldn't get my pistol all way in, so I put about 1/2" of warm water in a container big enough hold the holster and put the holster in face down. I held it in place for 2-mins, making sure that the back didn't get wet as I only wanted to stretch and form the front.

After shaking off the excess water, I inserted the pistol.  The pistol was in two ziplock freezer bags to give me a little bit looser fit after it dried. I pressed the leather around the trigger guard and under the dust cover to form it to the pistol.

Here's the opening after drying:

The forming:

Fits like a glove!

RoninSamurai:
Nice work and a great idea. 8)  How is the draw now?

hammer_fired:
There is a slight amount a resistance, which is not needed with this type of holster. A loose fit would be fine.

hammer_fired:
I ran it through  the process once more, this time with a little bit of padding to stretch it out some more. Now I have a loose fit so the pistol drops right in like my 1911 does in the EPS holster.

Forgot to mention that the straps are very long. I could have cut them back some, but I have a rotary leather punch, so I just added some holes.

The holster costs about $40.00.

QuickDrawMcgraw:
Awesome! I think I will give it a try.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version