Author Topic: Putting new barrel in CZ P09.  (Read 539 times)

Offline besmirched

Putting new barrel in CZ P09.
« on: June 17, 2019, 11:23:24 PM »
Blew up my pistol today with a fart load squib...have to buy another barrel for the P09...so does anyone have any experience putting a new barrel in their P07-P09 and did it just drop in like a Glock?  Or does it need some minor fitting.   If I can just drop it in I could save the money and time sending it back to the mothership for rehab. 

Offline Yankchef

Re: Putting new barrel in CZ P09.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 02:50:14 AM »
The 07/09 were designed to be easy to change out parts. Mine have just dropped in, I have not used a primary machine barrel in an 07/09 just a 10. From my understanding there is a very small chance that fitting will be required but highly unlikely

Sent from my H8266 using Tapatalk

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 08:49:23 AM »
Google works pretty well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=r9i32iirSFs

Easy peasy.  It might drop in if standard factory.

Offline besmirched

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 10:08:21 PM »
Google works pretty well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=r9i32iirSFs

Easy peasy.  It might drop in if standard factory.

Thanks for the link...looks relatively straightforward.  Just waiting on a barrel to be in stock. 

Offline PnoyGeek

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 10:35:18 PM »
Blew up my pistol today with a fart load squib...have to buy another barrel for the P09...so does anyone have any experience putting a new barrel in their P07-P09 and did it just drop in like a Glock?  Or does it need some minor fitting.   If I can just drop it in I could save the money and time sending it back to the mothership for rehab.

I used to have a P-07 Duty with the extended barrel (non-threaded) and I was able to a buy a used 3.5" barrel from CZ-USA and it was just a drop-in replacement.  I might have been just lucky but it was my understanding that the P-07 was designed so that the part are interchangeable with no fitting required or just minimal fitting.

Offline besmirched

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 11:13:26 AM »
Heads up for any one that needs parts for their CZ pistols.  CZ USA has 20% off from July 4 thru the 8th on parts.   So I was able to purchase a new threaded barrel for my disabled CZ P09 for the same price as a standard barrel.  The standard barrels are out of stock everywhere, so I jumped on the chance.  Looking forward to finally getting my P09 up and running again. 

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 12:11:48 PM »
You know how that works, right?

I needed a new barrel for my Pre B CZ85 a few years back.  The standard length barrels were out of stock.  I ordered a threaded barrel, made the mods to the slide to get it to fit/work, fitted the barrel to the slide and took it to the range to sight it in.

Not quite 2 weeks later the standard barrels were back in stock again.

Hey, it looks "cooler" with the threaded barrel anyway.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline thedude

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 01:00:44 PM »
Blew up my pistol today with a fart load squib...have to buy another barrel for the P09..

So did you fire another round with a squib in the barrel?  I've had squibs before and was fortunate enough to notice before I did a tap/rack/boom to clear the malfunction.  Were you running reloads or factory ammo? 

Offline besmirched

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2019, 12:46:34 AM »
You know how that works, right?

I needed a new barrel for my Pre B CZ85 a few years back.  The standard length barrels were out of stock.  I ordered a threaded barrel, made the mods to the slide to get it to fit/work, fitted the barrel to the slide and took it to the range to sight it in.

Not quite 2 weeks later the standard barrels were back in stock again.

Hey, it looks "cooler" with the threaded barrel anyway.

I thought the same thing soon as I hit the buy button...LOL.    I have been shooting my XD lately and tho it is a good pistol, I cant stop fondling and dry firing the P 09.   Cant wait to get it up and running.

Offline besmirched

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2019, 12:52:43 AM »
Blew up my pistol today with a fart load squib...have to buy another barrel for the P09..

So did you fire another round with a squib in the barrel?  I've had squibs before and was fortunate enough to notice before I did a tap/rack/boom to clear the malfunction.  Were you running reloads or factory ammo?

Yes, was shooting pretty fast and didn't notice the squib in time. Felt a slightly bigger bang and the slide locked back from the bulged barrel being lodged in the barrel hood.  Had to knock it out with a nylon hammer when I got home.  The CZ must be a pretty tough pistola because it took it pretty much in stride with just a slightly bulged barrel and a ruined extractor spring.  And yes they were my reloads. 

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2019, 03:06:45 AM »
Amigo, I'm just glad YOU are OK.  :o

Offline besmirched

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2019, 10:52:47 AM »

Thanks.  No problem.   But I have seen a lot worse.   Frames blown out.  Even slides ruined.  So, guess I got lucky.  That, and the pistol is one tough hombre!

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2019, 03:59:04 PM »

Thanks.  No problem.   But I have seen a lot worse.   Frames blown out.  Even slides ruined.  So, guess I got lucky.  That, and the pistol is one tough hombre!

Amen - glad you are fine, and the pistol is serviceable.  Some years back one of my sons told me he felt something odd when shooting an AK.  I took the weapon, cleared it, but a round was in the barrel.  Tula squib.  My son was likely only 14-15, but knew something was wrong.  Good for him.