Author Topic: Suppressor Attachment  (Read 3150 times)

Offline 357MAGNOLE

Suppressor Attachment
« on: June 18, 2019, 04:19:51 PM »
Finally got the approval on my OMEGA 9K after 13 months.  It goes home with me tomorrow.  I admittedly have done little research on mounting options and wondering what most people here have been going with.  I have the Silencer Co adapter for the 9K and the CZ Scorpion and have already test fitted and fired during the 13 month wait time at the LGS.

After the long wait, and the $ spent.... I am worried about the can working itself loose and possible baffle strikes. 
USN 2006-Present
CZ 455 Varmit Evolution .22 LR
CZ Scorpion EVO 3
CZ 512 .22 WMR
Cajunized P-09

Offline 357MAGNOLE

Re: Suppressor Attachment
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 04:52:37 PM »
I assume it worked properly when you test fired it?

Yes it did, however I only fired about 20 shots through it.....  This is my first can, so I am 100% what one would call a rookie.
USN 2006-Present
CZ Scorpion EVO 3
CZ 512 .22 WMR
Cajunized P-09

Offline Asylum9

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 11:03:13 PM »
I'm not familiar with the Omega and all there mounting options but typically 3 lug or a taper mount / lock system are the most secure. If you are going to use it on a rifle I'd look into the Taper mounts.

I use direct thread because it's the shortest attachment method but I'm not moving the suppressor around either.
Shoot it, warm it up, give it a good twist again to make sure it's tight and fire on.

One misconception I had when I started using suppressors is that they would be easy to take on/off, apart or move around to different platforms. The reality is different metals expand and contact at different temps add that with powder, grim and corrosion it can be a real pain in the ass to do any of that.
ApIII%

Offline Rex Kramer

Suppressor Attachment
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 11:12:17 AM »
I have an obsidian 9 on my scorp and I use a 3lug mount for it. Seems to work well. Easy to take on/off and accuracy doesn?t seem to be affected when doing so.

I used a three lug attachment from ILWT which screws onto the end of the barrel. The obsidian has a three lug adapter that replaces the threaded attachment piece. Works like a charm.

I don?t know how short the Omega 9K is, but my obsidian when shortened would be just outside of the carbine handguard with the above set up. You can see the line where the ?k? portion of the suppressor would end if I take off the full length section in the pic here.

Edit:

Actually found a pic of it in the short config. I wanted the total length to be just long enough that it can be out on the carbine style handguards.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 11:19:36 AM by Rex Kramer »

Offline Maynard

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 01:53:11 PM »
I believe the 3 lug mount is the way to go for a dedicated fixed barrel subgun mount.

You can get by with a fixed barrel mount and a fixed barrel spacer but I believe that the 3 lug system is superior.

Rugged advises to use teflon tape on the threads to help secure the fixed mount.

Offline 357MAGNOLE

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 06:55:51 PM »
Feels good.....

USN 2006-Present
CZ Scorpion EVO 3
CZ 512 .22 WMR
Cajunized P-09

Offline Phlyers13

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 09:17:50 PM »
3 Lug that bad boy!

Offline Asylum9

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 11:54:54 PM »
The 3 lug is solid but adds length and there not ment for rifle calibers.  Everything has there pro's and cons. With the form 1 community being as popular as it is, your adapters aren't limited to sico either.

Like JohnA said if it worked good then it'll work well now. Direct thread has been done since the suppressor was invented. I like to tighten it down when it's warmed up. After that I check every few hundred rounds.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 12:01:26 AM by Asylum9 »
ApIII%

Offline KnightSchneider

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 09:17:34 AM »
I have mine built into a 'K' configuration with an HB industries micro front end.  I went direct thread to save length and weight....I spent a lot of money making this gun short....I'm not too worried about baffle strikes...I check tension after about half a mag; it hasn't wandered yet.
Some will die in hot pursuit in fiery auto crashes.
Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes.
Some will fall in love with life, and drink it from a fountain, that's pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Offline cocowheats

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2019, 10:49:40 AM »
3 Lug that bad boy!

This. Properly torque on a 3 lug, use some rocksett if you wish, and forget about it.

Direct thread cans that loosen in the same direction as the bullet spins tend to shoot loose. Nature of the beast. 3lug it or use LH threads to combat issue.

All my 1\2x28tpi direct thread cans shoot loose. When they are setup for 13.5x1lh, they stay tighter.

Offline SilentRecon

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2019, 04:49:06 AM »
Use the 3 lug adapter. The Omega 9k is the best suppressor with these micros. Here is how it sits on mine with the 3 lug on the micro

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

anything