CZ PISTOL CLUBS > CZ SP-01 and variants

Advice / comments re: SP-01 Shadow Duo Tone

(1/2) > >>

MarkLH:
I have an SP-01 Decocker..

was considering CGW parts and even doing a Hard chrome cerakote to the frame.

I see the #91155 SP-01 Shadow Duo tone on CZCustom...

Has the combat trigger ( which I was going to do ),  no FPB, not Decocker which I understand helps the trigger.. they say its abt a 3.5 lb SA outta the box, short reset, and DA can be tweaked w springs..
has fiber optic front and competition black rears ( fixed, non adjustable)

the bonus for me is it?s already Duo tone..

How would you compare ( if you know ) the trigger with say: my existing gun w CGW stuff, .. and or would I still some CGW components on the Duo Tone...?  Im guessing the Duo Tone would benefit from a thorough internal polishing ( or is that how its improved , done by CZCustom )

He said its current production.  At $920 .. it would be less than spending more on mine to get it to the same place... ( as I would sell mine, very low round count )

comments ??

joedirt199:
I have a duo tone and did my own polish job, competiton hammer and spring swap. Came out pretty nice. I bought it used and the previous owner used it so it was broke in nicely. I swapped the rear sight for a Shadow 2 adjustable and slapped on some red shadow grips. Looks pretty sharp now.

Tok36:
This is quite a subjective question. It will depend on what parts you planed on adding to your existing pistol.

MarkLH:
My brother got the Cajun Gun Works kit #75215, and did internal polishing - is very happy with the results

$240 package includes:

- CGW Hammer
- Disconnector
- Floating trigger pin
- 85 Combat trigger
- Trigger return spring
- Short Reset
- Hammer pins
- Extended firing pin
- Mainspring

Dunno how the Shadow ?Champ ? hammer compares to the CGW hammer, or if the Shadow needs the SRS to have improved / short reset..

If the Shadow gets the 3+ lb SA and springs can get DA down might be analogous to what the CGW kit accomplishes... has deeper cuts under trigger and beavertail...

I guess the CGW hammer and disconnector contribute a lot ( and is lot of the $ )

plus I was going to get Dawson Precision sights ( $80 ) which the Shadow Duo effectively has...

MarkLH:
still curious of comparison w/ the CGW upgrades possible to my SP-01 tactical ( noted above ) .. versus the SP-01 Shadow < 1 > Duo tone.. 

the CGW competition hammer compared to the "champ" CZCustom in the Duo..  and the CGW SRS reset kit,,  versus the Duo reset.. 

interesting:  this SP-01 Shadow Duo is apparently an OLD model .. ( youtube and Google shows comments to be often 5 years old  ) .   CZ USA shows it as "discontinued" .. but CZ Custom says it's still in production.. Wonder what the production year(s) are on the serial #'s of the models in CZCustom stock ... <?>

$920 for a Shadow ..   and considering seems like S2's can be had for abt $1,100 online..   

The S2 is BIGGER than the SP-01 Shadow 1..   

questions questions..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version