Author Topic: PSA Scorpion Mags for sale for $12.99 at PSA (But they are out of spec for AKV)  (Read 1532 times)

Offline spoooon

Quick clarification now that I could mess around with them some more. They do not fall free when the bolt is locked back. They behave the same way as my factory CZ magazines and the Manticore ones

Offline motorolanut

• “Character is what you are in the dark.”
So they might require sanding to drop free?  Can you clarify if they will drop free with the bolt CLOSED?
Virtue has united, death shall not separate

Offline spoooon

So they might require sanding to drop free?  Can you clarify if they will drop free with the bolt CLOSED?
With the bolt closed they drop free. They basically function exactly the same as my factory mags (20 round that comes with and the 30 rounds with the windows).

Offline motorolanut

• “Character is what you are in the dark.”
Much appreciated,  from your pics the "Scorpion Evo only" mags appear to be the latest generation from PSA.
Virtue has united, death shall not separate

Offline Bassdeer

With the bolt closed they drop free. They basically function exactly the same as my factory mags (20 round that comes with and the 30 rounds with the windows).

Got my 5 today and just like Spoooon stated mine do the same, But I'm ok with that as long as the bolt stays open on the last round.

Offline AzEvo1

Got my 5 today and just like Spoooon stated mine do the same, But I'm ok with that as long as the bolt stays open on the last round.

I bought the AK-V mags and all but 1 dropped free even with the bolt open. A little light sanding with some 300 grit and now that one drops too.

Offline wanderson

Glad to hear someone actually got some mags from this batch.
I ordered some on the 21st and I’m still waiting for them to ship.
Not unusual for PSA, and I live 2 hours from Columbia SC.

So it seems there’s quite a bit of difference in specs between Evo and AKV magwells if these won’t work in AKVs. So is this batch of mags smaller than factory Evo mags but still large enough to function?

Offline spoooon

Glad to hear someone actually got some mags from this batch.
I ordered some on the 21st and I’m still waiting for them to ship.
Not unusual for PSA, and I live 2 hours from Columbia SC.

So it seems there’s quite a bit of difference in specs between Evo and AKV magwells if these won’t work in AKVs. So is this batch of mags smaller than factory Evo mags but still large enough to function?
I saw something on Reddit that these were tweaked to work better in the CZ, no longer worked in the AK, so discontinued and redesigned the mag. Something like that. I live in Columbia and shipping from them is up and down, never know what to expect.

Offline AzEvo1

I broke down and just ordered some of these. Don't really need them but the AK-V mags are out of stock and it seems like some items at PSA are increasing in price so might as well grab a few more while they're cheap.

You can save another 6% by joining Active Junky,it's like Ebates but for sporting goods. PSA is on their list and you also get an extra $10.00 for joining and for every person you refer. They pay out quarterly either by check or PayPal,my last check was over $60.00. https://www.activejunky.com/invite/1829430

Offline czfan12

Annndddd....they're gone.

Offline Handloader109

Got my four today.  They drop free empty if bolt is fully locked back.  No, just like factory, they hang if just shot empty and bolt is back.  That is perfectly correct as bolt is holding it in.  Mag can’t drop when it is doing its job.  Well, I thought about 4 more, but too late....

Offline jfdillon

;)I got 3 and they all work great!! GOOD DEAL!!  JD

Offline fisterkev

I just got 4 in the mail and they all drop free and hold bolt open on last round. No filing or other modifications necessary. Haven't shot them yet but if they cycle OK without any hiccups then they're a steal.

Offline Buffman

• YouTube Channel
Hell they even have the regular AKV-9's on sale for $15.99 right now. I'm sold on them for now. I have the AKV, the New black window, and the PGS mag sitting loaded in the safe now for 7 months. Waiting to see if anything odd happens to them. For now I'll take all the range mags I can get..

http://bit.ly/2PpJmYn

anything