Author Topic: Summers Enterprises bullets  (Read 643 times)

Offline toteone

Summers Enterprises bullets
« on: June 24, 2019, 03:40:02 PM »
While at a match this weekend, I ran across someone shooting Summers Hi-Tek coated bullets that really liked em.  With 5% discount on 4 or more boxes of 500 the cost including shipping was 6.3 cents/bullet (Hi-Tek coated 125gr RN, .356 diameter.

Anyone reloaded and shot these?  Cost seems really good if they reoload/shoot well.

Owned and operated by a long time shooter according to site.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: Summers Enterprises bullets
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 03:49:21 PM »
I've not ordered/shot any of the coated bullets but I've been through 4 or 5 boxes (1,000 bullet boxes) of the lead bullets.

Not a single issue with them.

I figured I'd order coated from him next time I needed some. 
I stopped carrying the SIG 556R.  SIG changed models and couple/three times and stopped supporting it with parts.  So, I stopped supporting SIG.  Back to the tried/true AR15 Carbine.

Offline SharpShooterNJ

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 11:15:58 PM »
Quality product and exceptional customer service. I'm using both coated and uncoated.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 01:23:49 AM »
Quality product and exceptional customer service. I'm using both coated and uncoated.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I agree,I bought 3K++ last Summer and really liked them! I shot the 135 coated ones! I get 95% of my bullets from a local buddy that casts and then we powder coat them but when I want some "extra" bullets at a good price I go with Summers or Gallants! Both excellent products!

Offline toteone

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 01:25:02 PM »
I think I will try a box of 500 to see how they do....Anyone push test OAL for a P01?  I have a bunch of W231 to use up this summer.

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 01:31:33 AM »
I think I will try a box of 500 to see how they do....Anyone push test OAL for a P01?  I have a bunch of W231 to use up this summer.

I bought 135 RN and shot them in everything I have, from my 07 up to my Shadow 2 and my PO-1 was in between! I'm sure the OAL for the 135s will be different than the 124s but I can look and see what I used! If you normally buy bullets I'm pretty sure you will NOT be disappointed. They ship fast also.  Not telling you what to do but I'm pretty sure you will be happy with them, but its $15 bucks shipping if you buy one box or 4 plus the 4 ya get the 5% discount, seems like $$$ well spent! Regardless of what ya do, keep us posted on how ya make out!

Offline xhairczs

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2019, 11:02:42 AM »
I have shot quite a few of the coated 124 gr. 9mm Bayou Bullets and really like them compared to the plain cast.  I have noted that the Summers bullets seem to priced a bit better unless you buy a lot at a time and was thinking about switching.  Both the Bayou and Summers coated bullets have the standard lube grove that some claim are more accurate than the Gallant groveless design.  Any experience with this? 

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2019, 05:34:22 PM »
I have shot quite a few of the coated 124 gr. 9mm Bayou Bullets and really like them compared to the plain cast.  I have noted that the Summers bullets seem to priced a bit better unless you buy a lot at a time and was thinking about switching.  Both the Bayou and Summers coated bullets have the standard lube groove that some claim are more accurate than the Gallant grooveless design.  Any experience with this?

Darn, I can't recall! I typically shoot my buddies cast/powder coated bullets and as stated I have bought and shot both Summers & Gallants and I really can't remember if there was any "real" difference! Plus it was at least last year or more! I'll just say out of all my CZs I really can't tell the difference between most bullets that I have chosen. If I was a bullseye guy I might be a bit more concerned but everything shoots fantastic, I guess that's why I'm more concerned about the $$$$ end of it than the fine details of the little things! Sorry man,I load/test/Crono/document/choose.reload in mass !  ;)

Offline xhairczs

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2019, 07:32:45 AM »
m1a_scoutguy

As I suspected, thanks for the response.

Offline Wobbly

• Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2019, 03:09:52 PM »
I can easily beat that. I have two 50cal army ammo cans from Georgia Arms. Each is filled with 4000 124gr RN which I'll sell for $200. That's 5 cents a bullet. List price is 6 cents.

Buy both and I'll go lower. The catch is that they cannot be shipped due to extreme weight. You must be in the Atlanta, Greenville, or Franklin NC area. But, since no one bothers to put their locale in their profile...

http://www.georgia-arms.com/355-125gr-round-nose/
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 03:17:58 PM by Wobbly »
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Immature reloaders ask: What's wrong with this gun?
Mature reloaders ask: What did I do wrong?

Check out my reloading equipment for sale CLICK HERE