Author Topic: Anniversary gift from my wife.  (Read 465 times)

Offline Ron M.

Anniversary gift from my wife.
« on: July 01, 2019, 07:47:56 PM »
After taking over ownership of my CZ-75 Compact with CGW Defensive carry package and night sights installed the wife replaced it with a Beretta PX-4 Compact Carry.

Picked up the new pistol Sunday after church. Cleaned it and dropped an LTT 12 pound hammer spring in. Off to the range for a little comparison time.

I like the Beretta a whole bunch, in fact enough that I sold off my Glock 19 Gen 4 that afternoon. Once I swapped out the hammer spring, the trigger breaks at 7 pounds 2 ounces DA and 3 pounds 12 ounces SA. The Glock was a consistent 4 pounds 14 ounce trigger with an Apex Tactical up grade installed. The CZ-75 Compact has a 7 pound 9 ounce DA and a 4 pound 1 ounce SA pull. Accuracy is equal to or better than the CZ and slightly better that the Glock. The Beretta is slightly heavier that the Glock and lighter that the CZ. The Beretta has, by a surprising margin, the softest recoil, I shoot faster and with better accuracy than the Glock or CZ. My wife shoots the CZ faster, but agrees the Beretta is softer shooting.

Size comparison between the Beretta and Glock 19. Both are about the same size and hold 15 rounds.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 08:29:52 PM by Ron M. »

Offline thedude

Re: Anniversary gift from my wife.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 07:59:58 PM »
I have never shot a PX-4, I would like to try it though.  I wonder if the rotating barrel is the reason for the soft recoil impulse? 

Offline Sango

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 09:57:45 PM »
Very nice!! Looks great, and sounds like it’s a winner!
I’ve got a few CZ’s...

Offline motorcyclist

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 09:20:32 AM »
Had a PX-4 compact some time ago. Great shooting pistol and very under rated. I think the rotating barrel does have something to do with the soft recoil. Maybe it's because the action is inline, not breaking a plane like tilting barrel.
Forget for what, but it got traded off.

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 12:01:30 PM »
I have been very interested in the PX4 compact. I shot a full size in 40 a couple years ago, but did not have enough time with it to really get a feel for it. There is a PX4 Compact 9mm at my LGS for $399 that I may just get.