Author Topic: p-10C mag dropping  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Litomysl94

p-10C mag dropping
« on: June 27, 2019, 02:14:42 PM »
OK, so question for the forum.

I have a relatively new P-10C with ambidextrous mag release.  I have run about 600 rounds through it (its so fun to shoot its hard to keep count).  Last trip to the range I noticed that every once in a while the mag would release while firing, unintentionally on my part.  Today at the range it was happening much more frequently.  I tried to make absolutely sure I was not accidentally hitting the right side mag release (I'm right handed).  The pistol has not been cleaned for about 400 rounds.  The mag release was stiff when new, but now releases the mag with no effort at all.

I called CZ and they said that it could be the mag release is worn, or the pin is too short.  They want me to send it in for them to look at.  They did not think that it was because I had not cleaned the pistol in a while.  Before I go to the trouble of taking it to Fedex and then waiting 5-6 weeks before getting it back, I wanted to ask if anyone else has had this problem?

Also, if it is operator error on my part, is there a way to swap out the ambidextrous mag release in favor of a mag release on the left side of the pistol?

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
Re: p-10C mag dropping
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 05:46:55 PM »
I have a relatively new P-10C with ambidextrous mag release.

There are reports of this model pistol not locking open when empty. Those complaints have been resolved to thumbs riding the slide, and keeping the slide release from operating.

You said you checked your right hand, but remember that either hand can release the mag on an ambi pistol. So I'd advise you to check your total grip, especially if you're one of those that re-grips after every shot.

You may even need someone to video your grip to see it.
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline QuickDrawMcgraw

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 07:48:21 PM »
I own 3 CZ P10C.

One of mine with no modifications had 2 issues:
• would randomly drop the magazine while firing

• would 'freeze' slide so I could not rack it, or move it at all to disassemble - then randomly work.[/li][/list]

I sent it into CZ - about 8 weeks later I got a brand new 2019 model that works perfectly.  The note from CZ about why switching it out - was they had replaced all parts in gun and it still would drop magazines randomly - they didn't experience the slide lock up.

APEX makes a one side only mag release if you would like that.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 08:37:03 PM by Wobbly »
16 CZs and counting

Offline Grizzlie

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 06:34:07 PM »
My unintended mag releases, total of two separate incidents, were user error rather. Had to adjust grip.
'...if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence'

Offline Litomysl94

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 08:04:56 PM »
I went ahead and sent it to CZ.  If they don't find anything wrong with the pistol, then I intend the swap the ambidextrous mag release out for a right-handed version, and just go from there.  My first assumption was that I was doing something wrong, but CZ was pretty clear that I should send it to them for a look.  I like that attitude on their part.  Thanks for ya'll's input!

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 03:08:42 AM »
ECZellent customer service in my experience!

Offline mickey66

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2019, 08:55:20 PM »
"I wanted to ask if anyone else has had this problem?"  My answer is no! Send the Gun to CZ!

Offline Litomysl94

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2019, 09:32:19 AM »
CZ is sending the pistol back to me, with repairs done to the mag release (replacement of a couple of parts).  Apparently, there have been a very few pistols out there with this problem.  Turn-around time for the fix was about 2 weeks.

Offline seebee62

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 11:40:12 AM »
My ambi mag release wasn’t dropping mags but it was stiff with a loaded mag. I just swapped it out for the Apex mag release. Much much better and it’s extended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro