Author Topic: My latest addiction  (Read 3577 times)

Offline Mtb1083

My latest addiction
« on: November 25, 2019, 09:00:22 PM »
Got my 457 pro varmint today, still need to figure out what rings to get or if I should bother with a rail. Won't get to shoot it till then but already impressed with the quality. The trigger is perfect right out of the box as well.

With just the bipod

With my BSA cheap scope just sitting on it just for the look

Offline KnightSchneider

Re: My latest addiction
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 09:23:10 AM »
good looking rifle.

great lines.
Some will die in hot pursuit in fiery auto crashes.
Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes.
Some will fall in love with life, and drink it from a fountain, that's pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Offline david s

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 03:51:11 PM »
Regarding CZ rifles, you may find that the term "addiction" is quite appropriate. Nice beginning .

Offline Mtb1083

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 06:22:21 PM »
Oh I've already got the CZ addiction, I've got 5 pistols lol

Offline david s

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 07:41:46 PM »
I'm the opposite. My addiction began with the rifles and has just begun to manifest itself in pistols.

Offline Old-Duckman

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 08:40:12 PM »
Very nice, congrats.

I think most of us here are just basically CZ fans and own both their rifles and handguns. I don’t have a CZ shotgun but I’m not really a shotgunner. Though that hasn’t stopped me from acquiring my share of scatter guns. Maybe someday a CZ will join the flock.

Good luck and enjoy!

Offline Mtb1083

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 09:02:00 PM »
I'm sure I'll enjoy it immensely, love all my CZs and after having a Ruger 10/22 for a few years and never being that impressed with the accuracy or function I started looking at what CZ had to offer. So many options and the new 457 trainer almost had me but couldn't pull the trigger because of the price. This pro varmint looked like a more sensible compromise and I'm happy with my decision. Just need to see what ammo it likes

skin

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 09:47:33 PM »
Nice rifle. What scope do you plan on?

Offline Mtb1083

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2019, 10:02:38 PM »
Right now a BSA sweet .22 scope that my cousin gave me for free. At some point I'll spend some money on a better optic but for now I'll be running that and see how it performs at 100yds

Offline Mtb1083

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2019, 12:48:13 AM »
got my rail yesterday and installed that and the cheap scope, got to the indoor range im a member of to sight it in. man this thing is a shooter! granted the range is max 25 yds so wont know for sure until i go out to my gun club range to stretch it out some but much better results then my 10/22 by far. I also got a buddy of mine wanting to buy the 10/22, works for me because I dont plan on ever shooting that rifle again lol