Author Topic: P10c slide has stuck with live round in chamber  (Read 541 times)

Offline John70

P10c slide has stuck with live round in chamber
« on: June 30, 2019, 01:05:32 PM »
New to this forum. Twice now I have went to empty my chamber and  the slide will go back about an 1/8 inch and stop. I have to pull down on the disassembly release and work the slide until it releases. I did find the retaining flathead screw on the end of the guide rod was backed out. Could this be letting the guide rod get misaligned ? The gun was in my holster each time. I'm about to lose trust as EDC. Led than 600 rounds through gun.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: P10c slide has stuck with live round in chamber
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 06:12:01 PM »
Yeah my glock 19 does the same thing. I'm going back to hammer fired guns.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 08:15:10 PM by Wobbly »

Offline badwrench

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 06:16:19 PM »
I would stop using it as a carry gun right now, until you're sure the issue is resolved, I suppose it's possible the screw backing out could be causing the problem, If you haven't already, I'd put some thread locker on the screw and see if that holds it, if it dosen't, I'd call CZ.. But, as I said, don't carry it anymore until you're sure it's fixed and will stay fixed..

Offline badwrench

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 06:21:32 PM »
Yeah my glock 19 does the same thing. I'm going back to hammer fired guns.

What Gen Glock? Aftermarket recoil spring assembly, or stock? On my Gen5, G19 stock recoil spring assembly dosen't have any screws to come loose.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 08:15:49 PM by Wobbly »

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 01:04:29 PM »
What ammo are you using?  Does it pass the plunk test?  The main way that I could see this happening is if you are running a long 147g bullet that’s grabbing the lands upon chambering.  If the pulled will drop into the barrel and spin freely with light finger pressure, then it has passed the plunk test.  If it does not, check different ammo to see if it’s just a barrel that CZ cut the chamber short on or maybe you just have an odd ammo that the gun does not like.  I run 147g HSTs in my P10Cs and P07 with no issues.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 07:32:20 PM »
What Gen Glock? Aftermarket recoil spring assembly, or stock? On my Gen5, G19 stock recoil spring assembly doesn't have any screws to come loose.

Gen 5 throws brass back in your face just like a Gen 4.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 08:16:49 PM by Wobbly »

Offline Wobbly

• Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2019, 08:28:59 PM »
What ammo are you using?  Does it pass the plunk test?  The main way that I could see this happening is if you are running a long 147g bullet that’s grabbing the lands upon chambering.  If the pulled will drop into the barrel and spin freely with light finger pressure, then it has passed the plunk test. 

This is a very good point.

CZ's are not able to chamber every round offered in the US market. You need to be VERY selective when you purchase ammo, because they only have 115 and 124gr RN ammo in the Czech Republic.

There is more on the Ammo & Handloading Forum about this.
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Immature reloaders ask: What's wrong with this gun?
Mature reloaders ask: What did I do wrong?

Check out my reloading equipment for sale CLICK HERE

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 08:13:55 PM »
Considering this isn't a Glock thread...John70, did you get it figured out? Did you contact CZ-USA?

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 08:26:23 PM »
The guide rod screw coming loose will cause the slide to lock up. When you loctite it, be sure to clean the screw and  rod with a degreaser. Otherwise, I believe CZ-USA will replace it with a different rod under warranty.  I cleaned and loctited mine and the problem was solved.