Author Topic: CZ All American  (Read 228 times)

Offline miscverb

CZ All American
« on: July 01, 2019, 02:46:51 PM »
Hello All,

I am investigating the CZ All American 12 gauge. What I can not tell and have not found a good reference on, is how the butt plate is adjustable exactly.  Is length of pull adjustable, is cant on the plate itself adjustable, is the buttplate pad itself adjustable? etc.  Any input appreciated

Offline DeltaGray

Re: CZ All American
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 01:57:20 AM »
The All American paper copy Instruction Manual does not have a part name or number for butt plate but that is not meant to be my "wise guy" comment.  I had to look at part names and then look at the actual assembled parts before doing some adjustment to LOP, putting some angle (toe out or in). More on that but I raised the stock comb some cast off (with a slight move to the right).  Back in focus about some of your Q's or investigation, I learned some things by myself about the double barrel (not the combo unsingle and double).  The regular (non combo) comes with barrel length of 30" or 32".  I got the latter.  The shipping box came with five screw chokes, a choke changing tool and two Allen style wrenches.  Caution: The set screws for the comb and the one screw to change the length of pull (LOP) are 2 mm (as in metric).  I found out about the set screw diameter from a friendly CZ gunsmith/tech support (not named here).  The actual plate (per manual) is two small parts irregular sized but they each have a screw (Phillip's type screw).  The larger supplied Allen wrench fits the metal post that can be moved.  Remember that the comb set screw is the 2mm size (the small Allen wrench).  I am not a gunstock fitter or smith but I know as an instructor that gun fit is important if you do serious competition.  LOP lengthening was somewhat easy.  The owner manual (page 4, Fig 10) shows a small hole where the single set screw located. Per the manual, "...loosen the screw located in the butt plate (after the stock end (my words)), in counter clockwise direction".  You need to do full revolutions to get the groove (flat groove) in the position for the set screw to be tightened into.  I had to "crank" multiple times to lengthen the LOP.  I played with the two plates many times.  Users have to take the recoil pad off (two short screws) before adjusting the plates.  CZ has only one pad thickness. The pad fits into the recoil pad base and the two adjustment plates fit in front of the recoil pad base.  The recoil pad plate is factory screwed into the wooden stock.  Confused are you?  I was confused reading the part names but more confused when I first adjusted the two small adjustment plates.  When my adjustment and I settle down from "screwing around" I may use blue Loctite to ensure that the two adjustment plate screws don't loosen.  I reduced felt recoil after doing some adjustments.  For me, the pad toe out helped the most but I also changed the LOP some more and did a minor adjustment to the comb (but moved the posts some).  I plan to use the All American for sporting clay registered targets.  I use tight chokes for trap. I fired two boxes on ATA 16 yard trap practice this past weekend--missed some on first box (surprised that I no longer felt the bite of something (my former non adjusted status)).  Well, I smoked the next 25 trap targets with the same tight choke tube and factory shells (1 1/8 of 8's).  I told one guy that I was an old trapshooter.  Okay, my wife said that I am old.  I had never broken 200 straight 16 yard single targets registered trap competition.  I missed three out of the first 25 and ended up with a 197 years ago.  I am not a very mechanical person.  The All American has mechanical triggers (which I like) and they can be considered as fast.  I lubed the action before I assembled the barrels and forearm to the stock for a reason.  The action (regarding opening and closing) is very, very tight.  I use a synthetic grease.  The action is still somewhat difficult to open after some indoor opening and closing exercise and I have fired only about 100 shells total.  When adjusted for me, I will not have to pay extra hundreds of dollars for a different adjustable plate (as sometimes called), stock spacers and another recoil pad and labor charges if applicable. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 02:10:00 AM by DeltaGray »

anything