Author Topic: Is there a date range for problem P-10C's?  (Read 508 times)

Offline Metal Wonder Nine Guy

Is there a date range for problem P-10C's?
« on: July 02, 2019, 10:37:38 AM »
From what I've gathered here, there seemed to be some problems with the first gen P10C's. Is there a specific date or year range, or maybe a serial number range?

Offline GaryCZ

Re: Is there a date range for problem P-10C's?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 05:34:22 PM »
When they changed to the reversible mag catch models late last year they also changed SKU numbers. So the only way you're going to get all the upgrades is to get one with the reversible mag catch/current SKU's.

Offline BrenToo

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 08:17:08 PM »
There is a First Gen, a Transitional, where the frame was still ambidextrous mag release, and then Second Gen which is current production with swappable mag release and new magazines. I have one of each, and haven't had trouble beyond the break in jam with the P-10S...and it has run like a champ ever since. I did have my slide updated on my First gen to the Transitional stage, and of course the White Nitride is Transitional as well. White Knight is actually in the safe after I found how few were imported...there's my retirement nest egg...kidding, of course.

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 12:00:16 PM »
My first gen P10C was upgraded to the transitional type by the factory but my second P10C is still the original style.  I run the CGW anti-rotation update in it and don’t expect there to be any issues. 

IMHO, the issues with the early P10Cs are overstated.  The striker rotation issue may only happen when running light striker springs.  That was when mine failed.  The slide release and mag release are non-issues and are just a break in thing.  Both can be cleaned up with a bit of Flitz or 5 minutes with a small file to clean up a mold line.

The only thing that would make me hesitant to buy an early P10C is that CZ does not generally honor the warranty past the initial buyer.

Offline steelsig

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 03:34:24 PM »
My first gen P10C was upgraded to the transitional type by the factory but my second P10C is still the original style.  I run the CGW anti-rotation update in it and don’t expect there to be any issues. 

IMHO, the issues with the early P10Cs are overstated.  The striker rotation issue may only happen when running light striker springs.  That was when mine failed.  The slide release and mag release are non-issues and are just a break in thing.  Both can be cleaned up with a bit of Flitz or 5 minutes with a small file to clean up a mold line.

The only thing that would make me hesitant to buy an early P10C is that CZ does not generally honor the warranty past the initial buyer.
Very much agree. All 3 of my C's are gen 1 and 2 have no issues. The 3rd has never been fired. One is my edc and has probably 1400 rounds thru it no issues. The mag release issue is over-blow and a non issue IMO. But I have a sample of 2 so I'm sure some have real issues.

Offline HST

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 07:13:26 AM »
I have one of the very early first gens and have over 10,000 rounds threw it and the only problem was a very stiff slide stop release which loosen up
after a 1000 rounds. I still have the stock striker and spring in it and and have had no issues with it.
P 10
75 B SAO
Browning Hi Power
Sig 365 XL
Colt 1911 70 series

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 09:55:11 PM »
My first gen 1 P10C was one of the very first shipped and it’s right at 4K through it.  It just keeps getting better and better.  A buddy of mine has a Gen 1 that has maybe 300 rounds through it and I just know that it will eventually find its way into my safe with the other two early ones.

anything