Author Topic: Dual caliber P06  (Read 570 times)

Offline nickshawn

Dual caliber P06
« on: July 05, 2019, 10:37:32 PM »
Thanks to CZC mine is now. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline puddintame

Re: Dual caliber P06
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 10:40:57 PM »
very nice!

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 07:49:37 PM »
Nice job.  Hope to hear a range report soon.

Offline Cortelli

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 02:00:03 PM »
Is that drop in and nothing more?  Share approximate cost?  Mag issues? Looking forward to a range report!  I have a P-06 and this is something I'd consider for bleep and giggles.

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 10:02:24 PM »
Is that drop in and nothing more?  Share approximate cost?  Mag issues? Looking forward to a range report!  I have a P-06 and this is something I'd consider for bleep and giggles.

Tough week time wise so I've only had a chance to run one mag through it, just a quick load and up and see what happens. No issues, tickled with the final results. I did have an issue with the first mag I loaded up with the bullets nose diving and hanging on the feed ramp, didn't matter how many rounds were in there. Loaded up two other mags and cycled them by hand with no issues so I'm assuming a weak spring.

Hopefully I'll have a chance to shoot it more this weekend.

As far as cost goes let's just say I could have almost bought a whole new P-01 for the $$ involved.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 10:36:38 PM »
Not a drop in barrel. They start with an SP-01 barrel, shorten it, remove one of the barrel lugs, and ream the chamber. I was going to do this to my P-06, then finally decided against it. Cool project though.

Offline Cortelli

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 11:46:25 PM »
Thanks, OP and Earl Keese!

I'll keep an eye out for subsequent range reports. Neat idea and one I'll consider. I have a cajunized P-06 and a new P-01 just days away (I hope) from the bench at CGW. Would be cool to also have a P compact in 357 Sig with a barrel swap even if a bit spendy!

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 09:54:30 PM »
Well  technically it is just a drop in for you as a buyer. CZC does all the work, you just hand them cash...  8)

Offline Mastodon

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2019, 08:29:50 PM »
Now that's pretty cool.  Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chartered in 1845 by The Republic of Texas

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 09:27:38 AM »
Had a chance to get just a few rounds in between showers today. Still have some mags that don't wont to feed just right but some of the others ran perfect so I don't see it being a barrel issue. All in all a barrel of fun to shoot! Controllable and easy to shoot!