Author Topic: The P07 - wow!  (Read 3572 times)

Offline briang2ad

The P07 - wow!
« on: July 07, 2019, 04:08:05 PM »
Some of you have read my thread on polishing the ramp on the trigger bar to 'save' a P07 of mine from a quick sale.  Took it to the range again yesterday with two SIGs and must say, that it is the EASIEST compact pistol to hit with bar none.  At ANY range, it is POI/POA.  It is totally reliable - period.  And... you can even get a tad lazy and still hit easily with it.  It will drill one hole in DA only at 7 yards.  It will execute VERY well on the dot torture, and it is just easy to be good with it.  It JUST locks into the hand so well especially with the P07 baseplate (no longer made by CZ?) so even though more snappy than some other guns, it is SO easy to keep on target with follow up shots, it is amazing.  Hats off to the P07.  Might be my favorite gun. 

Offline SEAKPhotog

Re: The P07 - wow!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 06:01:36 PM »
Post like yours make it hard not to give in to P07 temptation!😁

Offline GRU7_Mike

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 06:21:09 PM »
Can say without a doubt I am glad I made the decision to buy my P07.  I was one of the ....A Friggin PLASTIC CZ????? people.  Glad I got over that because it is still my favorite of dozens of handguns I have or have had.  Want to even make it better?....buy a .22 conversion Kadet kit for it!!!
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
William Pitt

Offline Winkel

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 08:37:55 PM »
My only regret with buying my two P-07s and my P-09 are that I no longer have a handgun on my 'covet' list!

I'm starting to look at AR stuff again..... Maybe just one more build....

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 09:03:42 PM »
My only regret with buying my two P-07s and my P-09 are that I no longer have a handgun on my 'covet' list!

I'm starting to look at AR stuff again..... Maybe just one more build....

Do you have any idea how many "this is my last AR build" AR15's I have in the safe?  Handed over to my sons?  There is no "last".  Like they say, it's called BRD (Black Rifle Disease.)
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Jav_eee

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 11:15:27 PM »
I did the “bottle cap challenge” with my p07. Amazing gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 07:10:48 AM »
Funny but I was just posting something similar over on a different site.  I really didn’t like the P07 when they first came out.  A plastic CZ with a square trigger guard?  Ugh!  A couple of years later a buddy was selling his P09 and P07 and I bought both thinking that the P07 would be a good beater gun.  You know, the one you carry when you are going to be crawling around under a car on concrete.  It took a little bit to appreciate it but the P07s are now among my favorite CZs.  There are three in the family now (1 9mm and a pair of .40s).  I’d probably jump on the first OD green one I run across should I see one at an LGS or show.

When I take new shooters out, I always bring a variety of pistols for them to try.  Without exception, each one has left wanting a P07 even though they had also shot a P01, 75B (full and compact), P10, Glocks, 1911s, etc.  It’s always the P07 that they are the most comfortable with.

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 11:49:44 AM »
Funny but I was just posting something similar over on a different site.  I really didn’t like the P07 when they first came out.  A plastic CZ with a square trigger guard?  Ugh!  A couple of years later a buddy was selling his P09 and P07 and I bought both thinking that the P07 would be a good beater gun.  You know, the one you carry when you are going to be crawling around under a car on concrete.  It took a little bit to appreciate it but the P07s are now among my favorite CZs.  There are three in the family now (1 9mm and a pair of .40s).  I’d probably jump on the first OD green one I run across should I see one at an LGS or show.

When I take new shooters out, I always bring a variety of pistols for them to try.  Without exception, each one has left wanting a P07 even though they had also shot a P01, 75B (full and compact), P10, Glocks, 1911s, etc.  It’s always the P07 that they are the most comfortable with.
I love my P-O9 & P - 07...Buuuuuut, then , I bought a 3rd gen S&W semi-auto.
Uhhhhh, NEW ADDICTION  !!!!

I’m trying to avoid new addictions.  I recently got into target shooting with a custom 10/22 and am missing the days when a .5 inch group at 50 yards made me feel good.  I don’t even want to dip a toe into the S&W arena. 

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 12:01:43 PM »
I gave in and got a P-07.... then did all the work to make it shoot and feel as nice as my P-01 and SP-01 Tactical.  That got me way closer to performing as well with it as the others.  But I am still not “one” with it yet.  I am gripping it wrong or something dumb like that.  I still do not group as well with it - even though I love this thing!

Maybe it’s the color green? Hahaha

Offline Bigkev

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2019, 07:07:43 PM »
My P07 is by far my favorite gun ever at this point. Previously my Browning Hi-Power held that title and has done so for 30+ years, it’s hard to beat this CZ. I do have some other CZ’s that I am eyeballing now, but top of my list is a Kadet kit for my 07.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 30-30

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2019, 07:17:16 PM »
walked away from Glock a couple of months ago and bought two P-07's (LE price), best tuppeware on the planet.  just got tired of the striker-fire safe-action trigger nonsense (all you need to do is apply 4.0 to 5.5 lbs to the trigger to make it go bang).  I like the longer DA pull of the P-07, it's intentional, safer.  P-07's are a great option.

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2019, 07:40:07 PM »

I love my P-O9 & P - 07...Buuuuuut, then , I bought a 3rd gen S&W semi-auto.
Uhhhhh, NEW ADDICTION  !!!!

I’m trying to avoid new addictions.  I recently got into target shooting with a custom 10/22 and am missing the days when a .5 inch group at 50 yards made me feel good.  I don’t even want to dip a toe into the S&W arena.
My S&W is in this thread if you're interested.
https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=105043.0
Wow, I can see why you have a new addiction.  That turned out beautiful.  As much as I hate to say so, I think I might have to take a look.  The high polish is nice and the description of the trigger is really nice but that it’s in .40 makes it the complete package. 

Nice job on that one.

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2019, 07:45:07 PM »
My 9mm P07 has the full CGW package done and I have the Talon rubber grips on it.  With both of my .40 P07s, I just run the short reset kit with internal polishing.  I’ve found that reliability suffers if I try to lighten the main spring but I’m quite happy with them for carry as they are right now.  I do love the set of Night Fisions on these when using the yellow front and blacked out rears.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2019, 10:37:14 PM »
GUY'S,   I remove my posts from this thread because I was accused of hijacking This Thread by talking about my S&W. Sorry if I hurt anybody's feelings.😢
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Bigkev

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2019, 12:51:50 AM »
GUY'S,   I remove my posts from this thread because I was accused of hijacking This Thread by talking about my S&W. Sorry if I hurt anybody's feelings.

Tell me more about this S&W you speak of.... 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk