Author Topic: NIB CZ 75 SP-01 test target is WAY off. Shocked. Is this the norm for CZ?  (Read 3522 times)

Offline Mr.Maim

First post.

Just got my first CZ and took out the test target. What the hell? Why would they even ship a pistol that is this far off?

-- Dispersion area 97mm (3.8 INCHES)
-- Mean point coordinates are 21mm left and 48mm high? (0.8 INCHES LEFT, 1.8 INCHES HIGH)

Those are the "mean point coordinates" the actual coordinates of the two flyers are 76mm left/52mm high; and 24mm left/86mm high.

I'm a USPSA and IPSC Production Class shooter for over a decade (Glock) and none of my factory Glocks ever came with test targets that look like this.

Is this normal? I'm a little shocked that a manufacturer would let a pistol like this out the door.

Offline Jav_eee

Do your glocks even come with test targets like that at all? The 19 MOS I bought did not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Mr.Maim

The Competition models (G17L, G24, G34, and G35) include test targets.

ETA: Your MOS should have to my knowledge, but I have not bought a new Glock in several years. Perhaps they have discontinued the practice.

Offline thedude

It's more of a function test than a test of the pistols accuracy, take it out and shoot it and see how it does for you. 

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Maybe the guy shooting it was having a bad day.

Some people are tickled pink to have a pistol that shoots 4" groups at 25 meters.

And, try some different ammo in it when you go to the range.  Many people say 124 grain bullets shoot better groups in their CZ's than 115 grain will do for them.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline cntrydawwwg

Welcome to the forum. As was said, it’s just a function test. Have you shot it yet? That’ll show the real accuracy.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Raining_Brass

CZ would be so much better off not including these targets. The amount of emails and crap they must deal with due to people thinking it's an accuracy test instead of function has to be insane.

Offline recoilguy

Go shoot it your self then come back and say how far the gun is off.

The test target is a function test. The guy pulled the trigger the bullet went bang and flew forward, hit the paper, next gun please.....

Test it your self I have not known a competition shooter who would say a gun is not accurate without pulling the trigger themselves.

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline adrian

Hiya Mr.Maim and thanks for your thread. And your test target looks like it was me shooting a Glock at it. lol.  I'd also suggest as the operators have that its a function test not shooting for accuracy. The test target shows it was shot around 2-3pm and the date back in 2018,even the shooters ID number, figuring 6 or 7 hours into a shift of test firing there might have been some user error, I'm not sure the job is setting up a machine/device/to handle the actual pull of the trigger,or the operator themselves. And you can always visit the cz-usa site and upload the target in an email to them to see if there is a definitive answer to your question. I'am biased tho and have always liked the cz's over the Glock counterparts. Be well.

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
While I agree that the test target is for function, I'm pretty sure shooter 01634 is not actually aiming/firing the gun at the test range.  They must have a test fire rig that will hold the gun and fire it.  I assume the shooter must align the sights once in the rig for shooting the group.

Too many uncontrolled variables go into this test for me to worry about it.  I'd go shoot the pistol and see for yourself.

Cheers,
Toby
This forum rocks!

Offline Raining_Brass

While I agree that the test target is for function, I'm pretty sure shooter 01634 is not actually aiming/firing the gun at the test range.  They must have a test fire rig that will hold the gun and fire it.  I assume the shooter must align the sights once in the rig for shooting the group.

Too many uncontrolled variables go into this test for me to worry about it.  I'd go shoot the pistol and see for yourself.

Cheers,
Toby
They are actually fired by hand, not a rest or anything they put them in.

Offline Flip18

Bought my first CZ in 04 or so. An all blue CZ85Combat. Opened up the box, wow look at that, a test target. Oh, this does not look good....took her to the range and she shot as good as my S&W 952. Really. Sold the 952 (stupid,stupid move) and still have my 85.

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!

Cheers,
Toby
They are actually fired by hand, not a rest or anything they put them in.

Really?  That seems like a crappy job then.  Do they get to practice bullseye style at least?!  Imagine how many guns they are shooting a day!?

If this is true then I wouldn't look at the test target for any sign of accuracy at all.

Cheers,
Toby
This forum rocks!

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
According to a post from years ago by someone that did a factory tour they are fired by hand.  Used to be a video of the tour out there but I have not seen it for quite a few years.
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline Boris_LA

If this is true then I wouldn't look at the test target for any sign of accuracy at all.

Cheers,
Toby

Look right at the bottom of the target. It says: "Function test performed..."