Author Topic: unknown VZ help me figure this one out please its an old one  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Discus420

I was told this is a VZ 16-33 but I cant find any info to back that up or even what that is so Im hoping some of the experts will chime in

[img][/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]

Offline QuickDrawMcgraw

Re: unknown VZ help me figure this one out please its an old one
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 12:35:40 AM »
On the wiki page for Vz. 33 In 1954, Czechoslovakia shipped some vz. 33 rifles to Guatemala.[23]  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vz._33#CITEREFBall2011

and that stamp on top is part of the Guatemalan flag.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emblem_of_Guatemala

16 CZs and counting

Offline Discus420

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 07:18:46 PM »
ok Guatemala VZ 33 pretty cool thanks any idea what they sell for????

Offline mauserand9mm

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 06:25:39 AM »
I've just checked Robert Ball's Mauser Military Rifles of the World (Mauser bible?) and your rifle has been modified a bit. The bolt handle has been swept back and stock (and barrel?) shortened. The rear barrel band is off another rifle.

Also the original stock didn't have finger grooves and the rear sling had a quick release.

Not so original but still looks like a handy fun rifle.

Edit: The barrel doesn't look to be the original - the step is way too close to the muzzle end and would be closer to the end of the original stock.

ParallaxBill forum used to have more knowledgeable people on all things Mauser but it's almost dead now. You might want to ask questions there but it might be a long time for a reply.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 06:40:50 AM by mauserand9mm »