Author Topic: CZ 75D PCR First thoughts out of the box and at the range  (Read 2131 times)

Offline trainkeptarolling

CZ 75D PCR First thoughts out of the box and at the range
« on: July 09, 2019, 03:39:46 PM »
First off, thanks to all that helped me figure out that the decocker needs to travel and extra 1/8th of an inch to work out of the box.  I was losing my mind.

Before firing a single shot, I field stripped and cleaned the gun (after I figured out the decocking issue).  I have to say I was a little bit surprised when I saw some wear marks on the barrel.  I looked closely and could tell it was a new gun because of the areas of lubricant all over the gun.  The only thing I can assume is it was test fired prior to shipment.  After a thorough cleaning I took it to the range.

Set up my target at ~17 ft. 

- DA trigger pull at half cock is perfect (for me) right out of the box.  Just long enough to feel safe carrying in ready state.  It's not going off accidentally.
- Recoil is extremely manageable and gets back onto target easily.
- New mags 15+1  Very nice for this size gun...and you get two!  AND THE MAG RELEASE IS PERFECT.
- The gun feels light but not cheap/flimsy.
- No misfire, no feed issues, cheap range ammo too.
- Accurate as hell!

Dislikes:
- Sights - I need reading glasses, so these sights are too small for me...especially the front sight.  Bigger and brighter will be my first mission.
-  Grip - I have medium size hands and while it felt great in my hands and filled them, it also felt a bit squishy which makes me hold tighter.

Overall impressions are solid.  I love what I'm seeing here. 

Offline studenygreg

Re: CZ 75D PCR First thoughts out of the box and at the range
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 06:08:54 PM »
I like the truglo sights for the pcr. I also have vz carbon fiber grips which are more solids and a little slimmer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 06:15:59 PM »
I like the truglo sights for the pcr. I also have vz carbon fiber grips which are more solids and a little slimmer.

I was on their website and I can't find the models that fit the PCR?  I see some that fit CZ 75 but as I understand it, the PCR sights are different than the base model?

Offline studenygreg

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 06:56:45 PM »

I was on their website and I can't find the models that fit the PCR?  I see some that fit CZ 75 but as I understand it, the PCR sights are different than the base model?
TRUGLO TFX Pro CZ 75 Set Tritium/Fiber-Optic Day/Night Sights (Orange) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018IP4GVM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_tSrjDbC3B9YBW

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 07:39:57 PM »

TRUGLO TFX Pro CZ 75 Set Tritium/Fiber-Optic Day/Night Sights (Orange) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018IP4GVM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_tSrjDbC3B9YBW

This is a head scratcher for me.  I LOVE these sights but on the Amazon link, when you click on the "user pictures", there's a PCR with the sights and in the next few pictures is the same guy with an email from Truglo saying do NOT use these sights on a PCR?  Maybe he did a little filing to get them to fit?

Offline studenygreg

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 08:44:44 PM »
They do fit.

Offline studenygreg

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 08:51:22 PM »

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 09:30:35 PM »

That's the one.   Looks like I'll have to take it to a gunsmith...I don't trust my hammer skills.

Offline studenygreg

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 10:18:38 PM »

That's the one.   Looks like I'll have to take it to a gunsmith...I don't trust my hammer skills.
I used a wheeler sight pusher.

Offline David0408

CZ 75D PCR First thoughts out of the box and at the range
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2019, 11:17:31 AM »
If you’re going to carry it then you may check out the thin Matrix grips from LOK Grips. I really like them. You’ll also need a good holster. I have two for my PCR and like them both. The first is a hybrid holster from StrealthGear. The second, and my favorite, is a full Kydex holster from JM Custom Kydex. Good luck. Oh, and I’m glad you figured out the decocker. Absolutely no reason to try and lower the hammer to full cock once you’re in half cock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2019, 12:08:59 PM »
If you’re going to carry it then you may check out the thin Matrix grips from LOK Grips. I really like them. You’ll also need a good holster. I have two for my PCR and like them both. The first is a hybrid holster from StrealthGear. The second, and my favorite, is a full Kydex holster from JM Custom Kydex. Good luck. Oh, and I’m glad you figured out the decocker. Absolutely no reason to try and lower the hammer to full cock once you’re in half cock.

I looked at the Matrix LOK grips.  When I see "phenolic", I think of a hard plastic feel.  I like the stock soft rubber gips, but they're too thick and too cushony...but sticky/tacky.  I want to keep the sticky/tacky, but thin them down.  I've not felt the matrix LOK grips yet.

Offline David0408

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2019, 01:07:32 PM »
Hard feel for sure, but they don’t cling to your shirt. I really liked the stock grips and was nervous to switch to a thin G10 grip but I was surprised how much I liked it. Some don’t have any issues at all caring the rubber grips. For me, the G10 grips never catch on my shirt when walking or drawing from IWB.

Offline David0408

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2019, 01:13:24 PM »

I looked at the Matrix LOK grips.  When I see "phenolic", I think of a hard plastic feel.  I like the stock soft rubber gips, but they're too thick and too cushony...but sticky/tacky.  I want to keep the sticky/tacky, but thin them down.  I've not felt the matrix LOK grips yet.

Don’t know why I’m so chatty today, I apologize. If you want a sticky grip you could buy a thinner grip, like an aluminum grip, and then buy a rubber sleeve to go over it. That way you get thinner yet tacky.

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2019, 06:57:06 PM »
I'm going to the local gun store this weekend to check out grips.  I doubt they'll have a fit for the PCR but at least I can get an idea of what brand would work.

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2019, 08:40:12 PM »
I’ve been happy with the palm swell lok grips as well as palm swells from cool hand.
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes