Author Topic: My trigger pack is welded but I don’t see a collar  (Read 1098 times)

Offline AUG41

My trigger pack is welded but I don’t see a collar
« on: July 10, 2019, 07:11:20 AM »
I am considering doing the trigger job but when I look at the inside of the lower I don’t see an actual collar around the screw. Just what looks like hardened cosmoline goop. The screw won’t budge so I am guessing it’s either an epoxy or a weld of some sort.

Anyone with a new Micro or newer Evo have the same type of weld?

Suggestions from the experts. I do have the HBI drill bit and extra screws coming today. Likely won’t do the work until I either get the CZC trigger or decide to go with something else.  If I get pissed or chicken out I will just send the lower out to someone to do the work.

The trigger is getting better with use but still not too thrilled about it.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 07:28:53 AM by AUG41 »

Offline Asylum9

Re: My trigger pack is welded but I don’t see a collar
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 08:34:02 AM »
It's more than likely lathered with loctite but can't say for sure without a photo. Make sure you use a quality allen wrench, the factory screw strips easily.
ApIII%

Offline LordEvo

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 08:57:07 AM »
New models should not be welded

Offline AUG41

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 10:20:24 AM »
Well something is up with it. It won’t budge and any more I will end up stripping the bolt head. The goop is hard as a rock and looks like a tiny little half ball mound. Weird. I might attempt after we run around today. You tube videos got me confident.

I don’t do any of the photo hosting sites but I would be willing to email the pictures I have to anyone who is interested or willing to help.

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 10:25:57 AM by AUG41 »

Offline OpusXJ

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 12:02:12 PM »
Welcome to CZ life. The hardware has a generous amount of loctite on it. Usually a good quality T-handle Allen will defeat the bolt, however if it's already buggered up carefully using vice grips on the head or drilling it are the next steps.

If you're in over your head it may be best to send it to myself or other installers to have them install your parts before any damage occurs. I've had customers send me lowers that looked like they were the victim of bear attacks as they tried everything to get the hardware out :-\

Offline ShootersElement

• www.ShootersElement.com
    • Shooters Element
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 03:50:58 PM »
Well something is up with it. It won’t budge and any more I will end up stripping the bolt head. The goop is hard as a rock and looks like a tiny little half ball mound. Weird. I might attempt after we run around today. You tube videos got me confident.

I don’t do any of the photo hosting sites but I would be willing to email the pictures I have to anyone who is interested or willing to help.

Thanks

Aug, if you want to attempt to do the work yourself the best thing to do is get a small set of needle nose vice grips and crank them down hard on the head of the screw and break that loctite seal. Once it breaks you will still have a lot of resistance to deal with. However once you're get that screw turned about 5-6 times it will start to move a little better. However, that screw is now useless and will need to be replaced with the one you have coming. When reinstalling the screw, I suggest a single drip (not drop) of blue loctite on the new screw just to keep it from spinning free.

Should you need more assistance, the link to SE is below on the services and parts I offer since 2015 (just after the release of the scorpion).

I'll note that I've had some damaged trigger cases come in from folks attempting the work on their own and were stripped out. We had to replace the case (it wasn't expensive just delayed the normal week to week and a half turn time). So just be careful and go slow at first.
CZ Scorpion accessories

www.ShootersElement.com

Like us on Facebook:www.facebook.com/ShootersElement
Check us out on Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/shooters_element

Offline AUG41

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 04:19:55 PM »
Thanks for the tips. Glad I joined. I will let you all know how it turns out. Is there any merit in using some needle nose pliers on the actual lock tite area inside the trigger pack? To break down some of the locktite?

Offline Rooftop Korean

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 07:06:08 PM »
I just picked up my Scorpion today and went immediately to work to modify my new toy.  I don't know what that stuff is they used on the screw.  It's a Bluish / Greenish resin which doesn't resemble any kind of loctite or Permatex product I've ever seen.  I made sure I had a solid purchase with my allen wrench, took a set of pliers, and torqued it off.  That resin gave a cracking sound and gave way with little to no damage to the screw.  After inspecting the receiver and the screw, they really drench the screw and receiver with that stuff and it's hard!  I tried to use a dental pick to pull some of that stuff off but it's really on there good.  The consistency is almost like hard candy.

You could try to knock out that evil goop they used with a dental pick.  I don't think needle nose pliers would work well at all.  Take your time, be patient, and good luck!

Offline AUG41

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 09:53:18 PM »
Thanks for all the input and sorry for the late reply. Poor to no signal where I am currently. Before I left I was able to remove the screw. I bought new needle nose vice grips and made multiple attempts. The bolt was pretty bad but still didn’t budge. I resorted to the drill and slowly but surely I was able to remove the head of the bolt. After I removed the trigger pack it was a chore to get the bolt out. Vice grips helped immensely I. Going forward then after breaking the hoop going back out. Took a while for me to figure the exact position f the safety for reassembly too. Anyway when I get back I will go forward in exploring a trigger upgrade.

Thanks for all the help.

anything