Author Topic: Resizing .38 bullets to 9mm?  (Read 967 times)

Offline GMP

Re: Resizing .38 bullets to 9mm?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2019, 10:59:59 PM »
I load and shoot only .358 size coated lead in my CZs and Beretta.  Anything smaller leaded too much.  Barrels slugged @ .3555 to 356 so .358 is correct.  The key is to use a proper expander that is also long enough as not to swage the base down from the case taper.  I use the NOE two stage rifle length plugs shortened to match seating depth in a Lee die, in its own station. This has worked excellent with decent brass. 

I had originally given up on coated when I tried .356/.357 but after getting the size and process dialed in I'm quite pleased.
Glenn

CZ P09
Beretta APX
CZ Shadow 2

Offline John A.

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2019, 11:13:23 AM »
I have some jacketed armscor 158 grain 38/357 bullets.

You guys reckon I could try to run a few through the 9mm sizer without problems?   I know the Israeli's used 158 gr bullets in their uzi.  I always assumed they were actually 38/357 bullets because I have never seen or heard of 158 in 9mm, other than the IMI and Prvi loaded ammo.
When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you end up with ignorant gun laws.

Offline deadsh0t

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2019, 03:21:47 AM »
I load and shoot only .358 size coated lead in my CZs and Beretta.  Anything smaller leaded too much.  Barrels slugged @ .3555 to 356 so .358 is correct.  The key is to use a proper expander that is also long enough as not to swage the base down from the case taper.  I use the NOE two stage rifle length plugs shortened to match seating depth in a Lee die, in its own station. This has worked excellent with decent brass. 

I had originally given up on coated when I tried .356/.357 but after getting the size and process dialed in I'm quite pleased.

What dies in specific are you using to have a good result? Or where can I buy what's working for you?