Author Topic: New Scorpion and Cycling action issue  (Read 774 times)

Offline Rooftop Korean

New Scorpion and Cycling action issue
« on: July 11, 2019, 09:18:42 PM »
Hello all, I just picked up my new Scorpion and I love it!  I made changes right away and it’s a beast!  I have this weird issue that I’ve never seen before in any firearm.  If I leave the safety on and let it sit for a while, I can’t completely cycle the action.  I can only get the bolt to move half way back as if something behind the bolt is blocking it.  I’ve rapped the charging handle (within reason) and played around with the charging handle but no luck.  The only way to get it back to normal is to take the safety off. 

Here are the modifications I’ve done so far:

Hand guard, Pakse Sapper.                        HB Industries
Charging Handle, ProStock Polymer.           HB Industries
Spring kit, Reduced weight trigger.             HB Industries
Trigger Shoe, EVO3 DELTA.                        HB Industries
Magazine Release Extended.                      Magpul
Grip, improved.                                        Magpul
Right Safety, small.                                   Parker Mountain Machine
Rear QD sling mount.                                Parker Mountain Machine

Function is 100% with the exception of this issue.  Since I’ve installed all these parts I reinspected all parts with no culprit in sight.  Anyone out there have a similar issue?  Maybe it needs to be broken in a bit more?  So far I have about 60 rounds through her.

Offline ShakyDog

Re: New Scorpion and Cycling action issue
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 09:20:58 PM »
Mine did this before I went out and shot the hell out of it...so go load some mags and shoot.

;D

Steve

Offline Rooftop Korean

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 10:08:09 PM »
Ok, that makes sense and I’m glad I’m not the only one experiencing this!

Online John A.

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 10:45:07 PM »
That's normal for the scorpion.

But as was mentioned to you in the scorpion picture thread, it has more to do with whether the hammer is up or down.
When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you end up with ignorant gun laws.

Offline Hemiscorpius lepturus

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 05:35:32 AM »
It is the bolt pressing against the hammer, which presses against the trigger housing, if you do it enough you may cause damage. If you do it hard enough you can crack the housing.

You can disengage the safety, cycle the action, then engage the safety, and you will be able to cycle the action from then on until the trigger is pulled, as the hammer is locked in the down position and no longer hits the bolt.

Offline Rooftop Korean

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 05:22:25 PM »
I’ll be dog gone!  I was working graveyard shift last night.  As soon as I got home I tried it out and you guys were right!  Maybe I should read the manual that came with my Scorpion. 

Does the Scorpion come with a manual?  I better check the box.

Offline Hemiscorpius lepturus

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 11:54:21 PM »
It does come with a manual, but the only thing it says is how to load it, it says turn safety off then pull the handle, no warnings about not pulling it with the safety on or what can happen to the internals if you do

Offline shootingsight

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 12:27:10 AM »
Yeah, you can't charge it with the safety on.  Safety prevents the trigger from rocking forward, but it has to rock forward for the hammer sear to get past the trigger, so it blocks.

An AR won't let you engage the safety with the hammer forward.  On the Scorpion you can engage the safety with the hammer forward, but you can't cock it.

Offline Mike-4

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2019, 05:56:20 PM »
OP, nice setup.  Is that an S2 Micro or a modded S1?  As you can see, I'm a newbie ;D

Offline Rooftop Korean

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2019, 11:43:15 PM »
Thanks Mike!  It was originally a "CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol w/ Flash Can".  I like messing around with stuff!

Offline ArmedOne

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2019, 05:38:26 PM »
I just started having this issue with my Scorpion over the weekend, and I've had it almost 3 years.  I knew the bolt was hitting the hammer, but couldn't figure out what was different.  It started after I put the Magpul grip on, so at first I thought the grip screw was too tight, or it was my recently installed BFSIII.  Dang, this makes me feel better.  I've been worried over this all day!  Thanks guys!!