Author Topic: Anyone here carry a P-10 model for concealed carry?  (Read 3814 times)

Offline Earl Keese

Re: Anyone here carry a P-10 model for concealed carry?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2019, 12:05:15 PM »
Some of us simply don't have the luxury of dressing around a larger pistol. Size, capacity, comfort, etc. all play a part.

Offline 2morechains

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2019, 12:35:37 PM »
And it takes some trial and error until you find the right combo. 

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2019, 12:41:43 PM »
Fwiw, did you ever see a Leo appendix carry.

No but they don’t usually have to hide their weapon nor do they need to worry about the damage being done to the seat by the grip of the gun being carried at 3. Mine was already starting to put some pretty good wear on my leather seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yep CCW is definitely a lifestyle change.
You choose to carry there are some things you must do differently.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2019, 02:31:36 PM »
Some of us simply don't have the luxury of dressing around a larger pistol. Size, capacity, comfort, etc. all play a part.
This is exactly it. The way I dress I can carry my high capacity larger guns 90% of the time but when I want to pedal my bike around the trails or do other hot weather activities where I'm wearing shorts and a light t-shirt the smaller guns come on the scene. The bigger gun just is not possible at that point.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2019, 03:08:56 PM »
To each his own

Offline QuickDrawMcgraw

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2019, 03:13:07 PM »
In Colorado during the winter I carry my P10C in a CompTac Infidel. 
16 CZs and counting

holidaypf

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2019, 04:09:38 PM »
I've been running around on vacation with a Kahr PM9 in a sticky, stuffed in my waistband at 3:30. I feel like I'm getting away with something because I almost never even notice it.

Offline aflevine

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2019, 07:46:28 PM »
For my EDC, I'm now setting up a P-10C with green dot (HE507C) and an Olight PL-mini 2.  The plan is to carry at 3:00 IWB canted forwards.  I'm not built for appendix carry.  For my G26, I've used the hack of velcroing a Dr. Scholl's heel insert on the inside top of my Vedder holster to spread the force of the top of the gun, which digs into my side when sitting.  It's ugly, but has worked to prevent the deep bruises I used to get.  I've now been trying to find a holster for the new P-10C, but am not having much luck.   If anyone has a recommendation ... that includes custom ... please share.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 09:03:24 PM by aflevine »

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2019, 08:46:30 PM »
For my EDC, I'm now setting up a P-10C with green dot (HE507C) and an Olight PL-mini.  The plan is to carry at 3:00 IWB canted forwards.  I'm not built for appendix carry.  For my G26, I've used the hack of velcroing a Dr. Scholl's heel insert on the inside top of my Vedder holster to spread the force of the top of the gun, which digs into my side when sitting.  It's ugly, but has worked to prevent the deep bruises I used to get.  I've now been trying to find a holster for the new P-10C, but am not having much luck.   If anyone has a recommendation ... that includes custom ... please share.
By the sound of your description you may be a little large around the middle.
I think it would be a good point to mention if you are,  just in case there are others of the same stature that are using the same pistol and may have suggestions.

Offline aflevine

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2019, 09:02:18 PM »
For my EDC, I'm now setting up a P-10C with green dot (HE507C) and an Olight PL-mini.  The plan is to carry at 3:00 IWB canted forwards.  I'm not built for appendix carry.  For my G26, I've used the hack of velcroing a Dr. Scholl's heel insert on the inside top of my Vedder holster to spread the force of the top of the gun, which digs into my side when sitting.  It's ugly, but has worked to prevent the deep bruises I used to get.  I've now been trying to find a holster for the new P-10C, but am not having much luck.   If anyone has a recommendation ... that includes custom ... please share.
By the sound of your description you may be a little large around the middle.
I think it would be a good point to mention if you are,  just in case there are others of the same stature that are using the same pistol and may have suggestions.
Stout around the middle ... vertically challenged ... horizontally endowed ... tactical muffin top ... about sums it up. :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 09:26:39 PM by aflevine »

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2019, 08:06:57 PM »
I just found this on the internet oh, what a great comparison. P10c - P10s
http://www.handgunhero.com/compare/cz-p-10-c-vs-cz-p-10-s

Offline 2morechains

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2019, 08:54:40 PM »
I just found this on the internet oh, what a great comparison. P10c - P10s
http://www.handgunhero.com/compare/cz-p-10-c-vs-cz-p-10-s

Cool find.  This is what is currently on my mind...

http://www.handgunhero.com/compare/sig-sauer-p365-xl-vs-cz-p-10-s

Offline steelsig

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2019, 12:51:03 PM »
I carry my P-10C about 75% of the time. I've purchased a P-10S so that might change moving forward.

Offline Papagiorgio

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2019, 06:24:05 PM »
Been carrying the P10s appendix for a few months now.  Good holster and a good belt.  No issues.  Very concealable even with a t-shirt and shorts.

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2019, 01:56:45 PM »
My normal EDC is a .40 P07 but the P10C gets a lot of holster time too.  I carry with a good gun belt, Kramer OWB scabbard in horsehide @ 3:00.  The P07/P10C is what I consider my smaller CC setup though.  I’ve lugged a full size 1911 around and on occasion, a 4” S&W 581.

Size is not the biggest consideration for comfortable carry.  A cheap belt and holster will make anything feel like a brick duct-tapped to your hip.  Invest in decent leather and the size of what you carry becomes less important.

That said, the P10C/P07 is a great every day carry size setup.