Author Topic: 75D compact at the range  (Read 288 times)

Offline eagle-eye

75D compact at the range
« on: February 02, 2020, 02:27:16 PM »
It's Feb 2nd and temps are in the upper 60's. I had to hit the range on a nice day like this. I took my 75D and a Canik TP9SF Elite to get some exercise. I had some Fiocchi 115gr and some S&B 124gr all FMJ.
The 75D shoots like a champ. I found it very easy to shoot well. It made me look like I knew what I was doing. I was at an outdoor range and had the sun in my eyes for awhile. The small sights on the CZ were not easy to see right away. But I took my time and was hitting good groups right to point of aim. It's a very comfortable gun to shoot as well.
My time with the Canik wasn't quite as positive though. On the plus side, it was just as comfortable, just as reliable with all ammo, capable of good groups, I just couldn't seem to get it on target as quickly or as naturally. I had to bring the front sight up much higher then the CZ to hit at point of aim. I was all over the target with it.
They're 2 very different guns, different triggers, different sights, I will need to spend a lot more time with the Canik to shoot it like I do the CZ.
This was a range I've never been to before. They've only been open about a year. It's nothing fancy but prices weren't bad and the people seemed nice. The last 2 ranges I went to have closed down. I hope I'm not a jinx, I want to go back to this place again.
I've found that growing up in the sixties was a lot more fun than being in my sixties.

Offline Europe

Re: 75D compact at the range
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 05:25:56 PM »
Let us see your targets.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 06:42:07 PM »
Sounds like a good time. I have not had the opportunity to try any of the CZ clones but i have herd allot of positivity about them here on the forums.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline eagle-eye

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 09:13:38 PM »
Thanks. I left the targets at the range and didn't take any pics. This was the first time I've been to a range in a year. I wasn't expecting to have anything to brag about.
I've found that growing up in the sixties was a lot more fun than being in my sixties.

anything