Author Topic: Cajun flat trigger  (Read 1533 times)

Offline Wls1425

Cajun flat trigger
« on: July 14, 2019, 10:59:36 AM »
I just installed the Cajun flat trigger (6SAO) and have a question regarding the set screws. My CZ is the Shadow Line Compact 75 P01.  I’m not using the overtravel screw, but have used the “pretravel” screw located on the top of the trigger, longest screw, and accessed by removing the slide. My question is can this screw be inserted too far in the trigger, and if so, what problems would it cause.

I’ve found very little on line about this adjustment, but have seen information that an over adjustment could damage the sear if the hammer claws catch the sear. I have done the “test” by holding the trigger back and moving the hammer up and down, listening for rubbing. I do not notice any resistance or hear any rubbing, so I guess that’s good. But, I’m also not sure this test applies to my action system. 

Also, somehow the safety detent spring is gone.....horror of horrors. Not sure if I lost it on the trigger job or something earlier. Anyway, the detent is in place...any issues with this spring missing? I fairly sure all it was doing was holding the detent in place.

Any help or direction you can provide is appreciated.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: Cajun flat trigger
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 02:08:28 PM »
Too far and it may not allow the trigger to move forward far enough to reset the sear/trigger bar/firing pin block relationship. 
You would have to do some adjusting and then function check it to see if everything was working correctly.

Once you know where that spot is you'd need to insure you could keep it from getting out of adjustment by putting some loctite on the screw threads and then insure the screw was correctly set.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Wls1425

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 08:48:49 AM »
Finished the installation of the flat trigger, removed the disco and got everything back together. I am not the most proficient person working on my pistols and actually learned some new swear words, especially looking for small retaining springs. The finished trigger pull and reset is outstanding, nice improvement. I shoot an informal training/competition every week and shot last night, did the best shooting I’ve done for a while. Let the instructor and a friend dry fire the trigger and reset and both were really impressed....they thought the trigger pull was real light, I said I thought around 3#, they thought it was a lot less. I’ll find a gauge and find out. Regardless, I had no issue with the pistol or handling the trigger, no doubles, nothing other then a very enjoyable shooting experience. This is definitely my “go to” training  and competition gun.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 07:59:03 AM »
Crisp is a word not many people use with triggers.

Crisp, to me, doesn't mean "light".  It means the trigger pulls back to it's final stopping point (prior to firing the round) and your finger stops there - till you want to fire the pistol.  At that point any rearward movement fires the round.

My CZ75 Compact has such a nice crisp trigger that I was sure it was a very "light" trigger, too.  The trigger pull ga. reads 3 lbs.  I didn't believe it.  Tried it again.  3 lbs.  Nope, can't be, it feels too "light" to be 3 lbs.  I tried it again.  3 lbs.  Okay, it really is 3 lbs., no matter how "light" it feels, it's 3 lbs.

That was my first CZ with a trigger so crisp it felt lighter than it really was.  I've gotten a couple other since then.  All three are the result of replacement hammers (CGW hammer on one and CZ hammers on the other two).  All three have the firing pin block still installed/working, too.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Wls1425

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 04:03:38 PM »
My CZ was a Shadow Line so the FPB was already removed. I like the way the trigger feels, I would not describe mine as “crisp” but “just right”. I’ve owned many different makes of 1911’s and thought there was always a “stop” just before the trigger released, my CZ doesn’t have that feel. It’s just a nice smooth pull and release. I’m going to gauge the pull next time I’m at the range where they have one.

The only trigger I like a little better then the CZ, or did before the changes to the CZ, is my Wilson Combat Beretta Centurion with trigger work.....that trigger is smooth, it “rolls” into the break. I like the smoothness of the Beretta but like the release of the CZ. Both are nice but in different ways.

Thanks for your response to my initial question.

Offline Wls1425

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2019, 03:14:37 PM »
Checked trigger pull today....just at 2 3/4 #’s....I like it.

anything