Author Topic: P-09 wear on slide rail  (Read 4063 times)

Offline dalkarl

Re: P-09 wear on slide rail
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2019, 11:46:34 AM »

I managed some better pictures that will more clearly show the burrs on the guide rail. Slide on top and two slightly different angles on the guide rail below.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2019, 06:08:54 PM »
If you are really concerned about it contact CZ-USA. The gun is under warranty I presume so they can take care of it for you if need be. I confirmed my P-07 shows similar wear after a 400 rnd range session today and approaching 13,000 rnds now. I'm personally not worried about my gun though. 
All anyone here can do is offer an opinion but CZ -USA can decide whether you have a warranty issue or not.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 06:14:40 PM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »

Offline dalkarl

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2019, 03:33:54 AM »
If you are really concerned about it contact CZ-USA. The gun is under warranty I presume so they can take care of it for you if need be. I confirmed my P-07 shows similar wear after a 400 rnd range session today and approaching 13,000 rnds now. I'm personally not worried about my gun though. 
All anyone here can do is offer an opinion but CZ -USA can decide whether you have a warranty issue or not.

All I wanted here was to see if this was common. I've contacted CZ, not CZ-USA though as I live in Sweden, but likely that will take some time to get a qualified reply as we are in the middle of vacation times.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2019, 08:15:12 AM »

I managed some better pictures that will more clearly show the burrs on the guide rail. Slide on top and two slightly different angles on the guide rail below.
I just took a look at my po9 and there is very slight wear on the rear part you show that's heavily damaged. I've got about 3500 rounds through mine.
In that picture it looks to me that the trigger block that sits down in the frame is sitting a little bit lower than mine.
I'm no gunsmith but , if that block is sitting lower in the polymer frame it's going to come in Greater contact with the slide. I'd like to see a better angle shot show the left side the slide at the slide stop point. I believe that's your problem.
The only part of the slide that could possibly cause that damage would be the slide stop notch.
Is the roll pin that holds the trigger Block in the frame still there?

The two arrows on the slide show the only place that could possibly contact the  spot that's damaged on your frame.
If those two corners are sticking up toward the top of the slide then they need to be stoned down not to cause any more damage.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 08:44:47 AM by DOC 1500 »
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Andres B

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2019, 09:26:58 AM »
+1. If you bevel down those spots, shown by Doc, there should'nt be any more wear.
 Thanks, Doc.

Offline dalkarl

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2019, 11:04:26 AM »
... I'd like to see a better angle shot show the left side the slide at the slide stop point. I believe that's your problem.

I think what you ask for is what can be seen in the top third of my last picture, otherwise please explain again. I. An clearly see more wear in my gun than in yours but that could easily be explained by the round count.
Those parts are definitely what impacts the rail and caus of any wear of the edges.

All pins are firmly in place and there is absolutely no play in the block.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2019, 01:33:26 PM »
 I was thinking the top third of your picture was something else. I am now thinking that you're trigger block is sitting lower than it should and that's what's hitting. Is there a lot of play When the slide is in the frame, up and down play.
I'd sand down those spots that are worn and sand down the slide where those spots hit they look like they're high as well.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2019, 01:41:18 PM »
 after stoning and sanding those areas I would hit it with a Dremel and polish those areas, Lube well and see what happens after the next range trip.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 02:14:50 PM by DOC 1500 »

Offline dalkarl

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2019, 03:17:25 PM »
A quick update.
I heard back from CZ last week, they are shipping me a new front guide rail block and a new ejector. Both were deemed to be excessively worn considering the number of rounds I had shot. As a bonus I also get a recoil spring and the armorers manual, all free of charge. So all in all great service.

Offline CCWLearner

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2019, 03:39:22 AM »
I have two P-07's, a black 2017 model and an ODG 2018 model.  The black 2017 model developed burrs on the lower corners of the left side rail of the front insert, very similar to what your P-09 showed there, within the first 1K rounds or so.  I never had a functional problem with the gun, but it was annoying when cleaning, because they would snag the patch cloths or q-tips I would use to clean around them.  I had found a previous thread here that addressed the issue as fairly common and not a serious problem.  That pistol also developed a very slight burr on the left side of the front edge of the barrel block, where it met the slide.  Pretty sure I found a thread here about that issue as well.

I knocked all three burrs off with a small file, and none of that wear progressed any further, after another 2K or so rounds through that pistol.  I also went ahead and bought a front insert, to have a spare handy in case I had issues with the front rails in the future.

My ODG 2018 model didn't develop the same burrs in those spots.  Not sure why... maybe I did a better job keeping it lubed during the break-in period of the first 1K rounds.  Anyway, they both work flawlessly, and aren't showing any other significant wear, so I'm not inclined to bother CZ support about it... although that free armorer's manual sounds pretty nice.

Offline GMP

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2019, 11:05:14 PM »
Just saw this. My P09 is exactly the same,  started immediately and looks like that after a couple K rounds.  I found it to be caused by rough, raised coating on the slide rail.  I stoned that smooth, deburred the frame block, and it hasn't gotten worse in thousands of rounds.  I use a lightweight moly based grease on the rails.
Glenn

CZ P09
Beretta APX
CZ Shadow 2

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2019, 09:09:38 AM »
Just curious if any of you guys having this Burr problem are using + P or + P + rounds. After 3,000 rounds I do not have this problem on my po9.
I've been shooting regular 115, 124, 147 Factory rounds.

Offline jtj5002

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2019, 11:01:20 PM »
I have the same burr on my P-07. It's caused by the slide lock cutout on the slide. There is a complete break on the slide rail that disengage and re-engage the frame rail every time  the gun cycles. You should see the the part of the rail on your slide will have its finish wearing off. Depends on the individual fit and tolerance on your P07/P09, burr might or might not develop. I suspect the tighter fitting guns are the ones developing it. It should not cause any problems other than cutting your finger every once a while.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2019, 08:27:47 AM »
Put grease on the rails. Not just a light coating of oil. J m h o

Offline jtj5002

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2019, 01:51:07 PM »
Put grease on the rails. Not just a light coating of oil. J m h o

I use a mixture of red n tacky and Lucas gun oil, a relatively heavy mixture. I think this has more to do with individual slide to frame fit on individual P-07 and P-09's.

anything