Author Topic: DW Valor Discontinued - Anyone Have Any Insight?  (Read 313 times)

Offline rudals1281

DW Valor Discontinued - Anyone Have Any Insight?
« on: August 26, 2019, 08:44:55 AM »
Just curious as to why DW decided to kill off one of their most popular lines, the Valor.

Offline tgoldie00

Re: DW Valor Discontinued - Anyone Have Any Insight?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 11:42:55 AM »
I don't know that I have seen or heard anything I could verify from the horse's mouth directly, but consensus seems to be two-fold;

1: Features seemed to overlap considerably between lines of pistols and the lines were blurry...so something had to give and the Valor was one thing (probably more to come)
   a: the Valor line WAS in years past DW's Top-line product.  I don't think anyone at DW would still say that over the past few years as more feature-rich pistols have released.

2: Design aesthetic of new pistols lines seems to be departing a bit from the more traditional 1911 look and becoming a bit more "CZ-ish" i.e. the TCP and ECP.

Lastly, due to the growing number of models offered, I think the Valor going is the tip of the iceberg...probably more carnage to come in the next few years as DW looks to stand out from the crowd a bit.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: DW Valor Discontinued - Anyone Have Any Insight?
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 09:20:12 AM »
Models come and models go. I had a Valor Commander for a period but sold it.I currently have a Heritage and an A2 and in comparison to the Valor the Heritage which is considered entry level is every bit as well fit and finished as the Valor was for several hundred dollars less. The A2 is on par as well.